Doja Cat - Scarlet 2 CLAUDE

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Doja_Cat_-_Scarlet_2_Claude.png

We as moderators decided to re-open conversation, but please be mindful.

he/him
So...anyone got the CliffsNotes on the last few months? Nn. This place was really the only way I kept up with her goings-on

She lowkey didn’t do anything except tour.

She seemingly split with that man (although they’re still friends); She gave up pretty much all her publishing on Planet Her to Luke to keep him off Scarlet 2; She slayed Coachella; She slayed Jimmy Fallon… and that’s about it!

I was going to say. Maybe it's because I'm not on Twitter, but with her thread here being gone I don't think I've seen/heard/read anything about Doja anywhere in the last few months ff

This was me thinking the era went and gone quickly, but apparently Agora Hills became a pretty great hit for her. I was aware of Scarlet 2 though and it gave me mostly Hot Pink.

he/him
Guess I better check out Scarlet 2 then! The S*m H*de shirt still leaves a sour taste in my mouth, but I respect the hell out of her for doing all she can to keep Luke out of her work.

She addressed it in her interview with Ebro. Didn’t really issue an apology or explain it, which was frustrating, but I get her reasoning saying people are going to make up their minds either way (even if that’s also a bit boneheaded and stubborn). And I totally get why it put people off. I didn’t even realize until a month or two later that I also stopped playing the album for a bit until Scarlet 2 dropped. I did see the tour, though, since I already had the tickets, and she was obviously incredible. She’s gonna fuck up again and be annoying, 1000%, but here’s hoping she drops trying to be so edgy and alienating for the sake of it.

I saw her back in November, as I too already had tickets. She is an incredible performer, but the setlist was a drag. You could tell 75% of the audience had no connection to Scarlet whatsoever. I'm glad Agora Hills was a hit; it's one of her very best. Interested to see where she goes from here.

he/him
I saw her back in November, as I too already had tickets. She is an incredible performer, but the setlist was a drag. You could tell 75% of the audience had no connection to Scarlet whatsoever. I'm glad Agora Hills was a hit; it's one of her very best. Interested to see where she goes from here.

Oh I loved it, but I also consider Scarlet her best album so dd. I kind of wish she just dropped the pop tracks like she did at Coachella, because that was the only time I ended up sitting.

Oh I loved it, but I also consider Scarlet her best album so dd. I kind of wish she just dropped the pop tracks like she did at Coachella, because that was the only time I ended up sitting.
It's not that I didn't enjoy Scarlet, though I haven't returned to it in quite a while, but the crowd in New York was dying for those pop hits bad dd. The energy skyrocketed during that section, despite their toned-down state. The staging and her energy were amazing, so I wasn't disappointed by any means, but I do think she could've bridged the gap between eras a bit better considering Planet Her didn't get a tour.