Doja Cat - Scarlet 2 CLAUDE

I heard this when was released weeks ago and it's a rare case of a Deluxe/Side-B not sounding like unfinished demos/ideas. Very great songs!

he/him
I heard this when was released weeks ago and it's a rare case of a Deluxe/Side-B not sounding like unfinished demos/ideas. Very great songs!

Kind of wild, because I think she actually recorded some of these recently and rather quickly?

She even has leftovers:

doja-cat-scarlet-2-tracklist.jpeg

And there's still a bunch leftover from the original Scarlet sessions:

Last edited:
She looked incredible on Jimmy Fallon.

I definitely stopped paying attention to her in the same way and without a thread here, she just... left my thoughts for awhile nn. Probably for the best. Maybe I'll give Scarlet 1 and 2 a spin. Agora Hills was one of the best singles of 2023.

Last edited:
I think I listened to Scarlet once.

Yeah, same. I honestly found it a chore to get through. I remember thinking I didn't look forward to revisiting it for BPG, but turns out I ended not having to nn. Still, I guess I might as well give Claude a try, hopefully it's a bit less plodding.

he/him
The back half is more of a slow burn with "Can't Wait", "Often", and "Love Life" back to back to back, but I don't consider the front half to be plodding. It's pretty hype. Claude is a very different vibe to both, though. More mid-2000s and less 90s. I was kind of surprised to see it bundled together after she announced it as an EP called S2: Claude Frollo, but I guess they couldn't tie it into the original album/tour that way.

I'm big mad she never used this image for anything beyond the tour, too. Scarlet as a nightmare sitting on top of Planet Her Doja is so iconic.

Doja-Cat-Socials-London-Twitter-copy-3-773e34e369.png

Her tour was a lot of fun. I wish she would interact more with the crowd though, she really just did the songs with no banter or hey hi how are ya.