Doja Cat - Scarlet 2 CLAUDE

I saw her yesterday and someone was trying to cruise me in the toilets

ezgif-4-3b709eee35.gif

Tonight was fun! A throughly entertaining night indeed.

It‘a a really tight 90 minute set, but she barely took a break at any point and absolutely rattled through things without cutting too much from the tracks. No outfit changes, no fucking around - she meant business.

The new set list is an improvement, and I think is paced a lot better in terms of sprinkling ‘the hits’ (of which she’s obviously trimmed a few because… it’s her) and keeping the crowd engaged. To be fair, London was a fucking great crowd tonight and knew a lot of the newer stuff, and she really sold everything like it was a 10-week number one.

The staging was interesting. Elements of it were rather thin (for such a visual artist, having no screens/vids was a curious choice) whilst there was an extremely aggressive amount of pyro and practical effects. Overall, I think it worked? I think it very much accentuated her, which was probably the desired effect.

As for Doja herself, what’s there to say, really? She is far and away one of the best performers of her generation, and balances a fantastic level of barely withheld unhingedness with a meticulous attention to detail. I can’t imagine anyone would have left tonight not absolutely glowing about her abilities.

Overall, I had concerns that the Scarlet-heavy setlist would be lost on the GP and could drag on the atmosphere, but if anything, gauging from tonight’s crowd, I think this era has really helped to centre her leaned-in core fanbase, while still proving her credentials to be able to flex hard on the hits and vanity metrics when she wants to.

he/him
Tonight was fun! A throughly entertaining night indeed.

It‘a a really tight 90 minute set, but she barely took a break at any point and absolutely rattled through things without cutting too much from the tracks. No outfit changes, no fucking around - she meant business.

The new set list is an improvement, and I think is paced a lot better in terms of sprinkling ‘the hits’ (of which she’s obviously trimmed a few because… it’s her) and keeping the crowd engaged. To be fair, London was a fucking great crowd tonight and knew a lot of the newer stuff, and she really sold everything like it was a 10-week number one.

The staging was interesting. Elements of it were rather thin (for such a visual artist, having no screens/vids was a curious choice) whilst there was an extremely aggressive amount of pyro and practical effects. Overall, I think it worked? I think it very much accentuated her, which was probably the desired effect.

As for Doja herself, what’s there to say, really? She is far and away one of the best performers of her generation, and balances a fantastic level of barely withheld unhingedness with a meticulous attention to detail. I can’t imagine anyone would have left tonight not absolutely glowing about her abilities.

Overall, I had concerns that the Scarlet-heavy setlist would be lost on the GP and could drag on the atmosphere, but if anything, gauging from tonight’s crowd, I think this era has really helped to centre her leaned-in core fanbase, while still proving her credentials to be able to flex hard on the hits and vanity metrics when she wants to.

The videos I’ve been seeing have looked great. Really eating the US leg up.

Last edited:
after seeing her in London the whole album (and deluxe) has really been elevated for me. Shutcho, Gun, Acknowledge Me and Piss in particular

Give us a vinyl release pls