Dollar UK Singles Rate 1978-1988 WINNER REVEALED RATE CLOSED | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Dollar UK Singles Rate 1978-1988 WINNER REVEALED RATE CLOSED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Apr 18, 2021.

1. That was Dollars 'Finest' moment!

Remorque and Hairycub1969 like this.
  2. I don't want to say anymore as I'm going to submit commentary with my scores!

Remorque and Rooneyboy like this.
  3. Yes no spoilers please *oops*

4. I shall be back tomorrow with the next three as something has come up that I need to deal with. So hopefully double set coming your way.

Remorque, Rooneyboy and Hairycub1969 like this.
  5. [​IMG]
    Mirror Mirror
    Entered Chart 14th November 1981 (No67) Weeks On Chart 17 Highest Position 4
    67-41-41-37-26-19-9-9-8-4-11-8-16-24-38-63-74
    This track I love. It's pure pop perfection. I can't find any fault with it at all

Remorque, Maki, berserkboi and 4 others like this.
  6. For those that were expecting Give Me Back My Heart here, it's not as we head back in time for an early Dollar single and it's first time in the chart.
    [​IMG]
    Ring Ring
    Entered Chart 20th March 1982 (No72) Weeks On Chart 2 Highest Position 61
    This is OK, nothing special but neither is it bad.

Remorque, Maki, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  7. [​IMG]
    Give Me Back My Heart
    Entered Chart 27th March 1982 (No35) Weeks On Chart 9 Highest Position 4
    35-15-7-5-4-8-20-29-54
    You want a perfect ballad? Then here it is. Building all the way through to that cresendo at the end. Superb.

Remorque, Maki, berserkboi and 3 others like this.
  8. Mirror Mirror is pretty much the perfect pop song. Even my Dollar hating best friend had to concede to it's charms!

9. Some more Dollar Chart triva:
    Diana Ross also had a single called "Mirror Mirror" in the UK Chart back in Jan/Feb 1982 at the same time as Dollar - sadly her song was not a cover of the Dollar single!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  10. Mirror Mirror was released in mid November 1981 and went on to sell almost half a million copies.
    It's Dollars biggest selling record and IMO if it had been released a month or so later would have got
    to Number 1.

Remorque, berserkboi and Hairycub1969 like this.
  11. I'm not sure it would have done Rooneyboy, I think the fact they released Mirror Mirror during the peak time for sales helped it rather than hinder it, great tune for Christmas Parties that year etc. It would have been Top 10 no problem, but sales wise it wouldn't have moved as much copies as it did.

12. Give Me Back My Heart is absolutely brilliant, but I must admit to preferring Thereza's solo version.

Remorque, bcmuk and Hairycub1969 like this.
  13. Possibly yes, the record company definitely went for sales rather than Chart position.
    It should have made number 1 anyway!

14. [​IMG]
    Videotheque
    Entered Chart 19th June 1982 (No51) Weeks On Chart 10 Highest Position 17
    51-39-30-29-26-21-17-18-29-44
    Real travesty here only getting to No 17. One of those occasions where the cover version issuperior to that of the original by Buggles (of course fronted by producer of this track Trevor Horn)

15. [​IMG]
    Give Me Some Kinda Magic
    Entered Chart 18th September 1982 (No59) Weeks On Chart 6 Highest Position 34
    59-36-34-38-45-63
    You can tell that this is no longer produced by Trevor Horn, but that doesn't mean this is a bad single in any way. It's a good enough pop track, but not overly strong.

16. [​IMG]
    We Walked In Love
    Entered Chart 26th July 1986 (no95) Weeks On Chart 7 Highest Position 61
    95-91-97-69-65-61-63
    We go forward almost 4 years to July 1986 for Dollars next foray in the singles chart. Pretty good strong melody should've done better.

17. [​IMG]
    Oh L'Amour
    Entered Chart 26th December 1987 (no71) Weeks On Chart 11 Highest Position 7
    71-73-59-33-18-9-7-11-19-43-62

Thanks to Erasure we have Dollar's final Top 10 single a fairly good cover of Oh L'Amour. With being a fan of both bands This is one where I like both versions but Erasure's original shades this one.

18. [​IMG]
    It's Nature's Way (No Problem)
    Entered Chart 16th July 1988 (72) Weeks On Chart 3 Highest Postion 58
    72-58-68
    Dollar's final charting single is amazing and should have been Top 10. Only getting to no58 with a song as strong as this shows that the buying public can be wrong.

19. [​IMG]
    Love Street

[​IMG]
    Girls Are Out To Get Ya

[​IMG]
    Haven't We Said Goodbye Before

The artwork for the other Dollar singles, that didn't make the UK Chart.

20. [​IMG]
    Whilst Checking everything I have come across this UK released single that seems to have slipped through the net, so please add this to your lists if you can

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.