Dollar UK Singles Rate 1978-1988 WINNER REVEALED RATE CLOSED | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Dollar UK Singles Rate 1978-1988 WINNER REVEALED RATE CLOSED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Lovely to see a Dollar rate on here.

2. Give Me Some Kinda Magic so deserved a top 10 placing.

3. what’s surprising about Love Street is that it was A listed on Radio One and got a ton of regional play, it just wasn’t a good single choice. The Girls Are Out To Get Ya didn’t get as much airplay, probably because it came out so soon after Love Street and neither charted.

Remorque, Hairycub1969 and simes1970 like this.
  4. It's Nature's Way (No Problem) deserved to follow O L'Amour into the Top 10, amazing SAW production. I wonder if it had been a hit whether a whole PWL album would have followed? What could have been...

Remorque, Maki, unnameable and 3 others like this.
  5. We shall look at some extended mixes over the next week or so and feel free to add anything you want to help the rate

6. As I never get to post these anywhere, here's two amazing Thereza Bazar solo singles we could have rated as "bonus tracks"

Love her voice so much.

7. The 2019 extended versions really turned out well.

8. They really did, I loved them all but Give Me Back my Heart shaded it for me, that extended version
    is utterly beautiful.

Remorque and simes1970 like this.
  9. You would have to include this as well, her voice sounds so lovely on it.

10. I really like this solo single from May 1983:

11. And this one, written and produced by Wang Chung. Released under a pseudonym.

12. simes1970, Rooneyboy and Hairycub1969 like this.
  13. It's a great review (although it seems to churlish to point out the various errors so I won't!)

14. I was more miffed about how they completely disregarded It's Nature's Way!

simes1970, Rooneyboy and Hairycub1969 like this.
  15. As much as I would love to extend to solo outings on this occasion I shall be sticking soley with Dollar singles. Whilst I think which 80s act should I try next?

16. How about a Fleetwood Mac singles rate? The Bangles maybe?

Has there ever been a Kim Wilde rate on here? I know there is interest in a Samantha Fox rate too.

17. Samantha Fox!

idratherjack likes this.
  18. Thereza wrote the Sam Fox single Aim To Win.

19. With Simon Darlow and Bruce Wooley who co-wrote the releases from the Dollar album with
    Trevor Horn.

Hairycub1969 likes this.

20. 9 minutes of pop/hi-nrg heaven!

idratherjack likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.