Drag Race Down Under | The Popjustice Forum

Drag Race Down Under

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tiger Suit, Aug 27, 2019.

1. berserkboi and livefrommelbs like this.
  2. Give me Enigma or some up and coming Melbourne talent please.

I feel like Karen From Finance has quite a following and the Drag Race connections so I could see that happening.

Jwentz, berserkboi and livefrommelbs like this.
  3. All my usual tea-spillers are pretty much outright saying Ru isn't going to be hosting and will be more in line with Drag race Thailand so they will have little to no knowledge or involvement of the show.

Courtney is an obvious choice and I don't think Dame Edna wants anything to do with it (which is fine by me).

berserkboi and Chris Lala like this.
  4. Another iteration of Drag Race?

[​IMG]

5. I'm absolutely fine without Ru's involvement; Drag Race Thailand, while it follows an identical format, feels fresh, and part of that is because Ru doesn't go anywhere near it. So if Australia can find hosts as wonderful as Art Arya and Pangina Heals, then I'm happy.

As for guest judges; I request Vera Blue, with a Lady Powers lip-synch to follow.

4Roses, berserkboi and livefrommelbs like this.
  6. The only Aussie drag queen (at least I think she's a drag queen) I follow is Cherylyn Barnes.

She even has royal approval.

7. I’d love to see Hannah Conda or Feminem appear on the show...

8. Jojo Zaho from Newcastle is a must. She is STUNNING.

I'd also love Scarlett Fever from Brisbane or Scarlett Adams from Perth.

If it's all mostly Sydney queens then it's a no from me. The only need is Hannah Conda.

Andrew likes this.
  9. A few names I've seen crop up on Instagram are Minnie Cooper, Sia Tequila, Charisma Belle and Etcetera Etcetera, all of whom seem to be from Sydney. I'm guessing Sydney will be to DRA as New York is to RPDR?

10. Can we get Gina Liano to be the host since RHOM seems to be dead?

11. Yeah after seeing Edna spew racist ‘jokes’ during a filming last month and everything else she’s said against the community, she can rot.

Some guest judges I’d love to see however, would be Dannii Minogue, Gina Liano (RHOMelbourne’s own gay icon/honorary drag queen), Dami Im, Sophie Monk and Kath & Kim.

Dami’s ‘Sound Of Silence’ as a LSFYL has to happen.

Andrew and Judy Jetson Hooker like this.
  12. What are the chances of getting this Aussie gem as a lipsynch?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  13. HIGH.

Also:

mattieh, Yeahyeahyeah and berserkboi like this.

14. And also

constantino, 2014, mattieh and 7 others like this.
  15. This might sound like a stupid statement, but I’ve always wondered who Cherylyn Barnes is. Usually with drag queens you can find some info on them out of drag, but there’s nothing on Cherylyn. I’m not convinced she isn’t a real person ...

16. Please and thank you.

And Dannii as a judge too.

Chris Lala likes this.
  17. LPT

LPT

Vanity Fair !

18. Off to pray that it remains high!

For Delta, I think I'd prefer Believe Again, there's so much potential for a dramatic lip-synch.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  19. Only if the episode one design challenge is to create an outfit based on one of Vanessa’s looks from the original music video.

20. Vanessa had enough looks from the 3 videos to Absolutely Everybody to warrant a runway week

POPGASM and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.