Drag Race España 2: And may the best maricón win! | The Popjustice Forum

Drag Race España 2: And may the best maricón win!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Hook me up

[​IMG]

K94, Remorque, Karvel and 13 others like this.
  2. GRITANDO

aux, eatyourself, K94 and 14 others like this.
  3. I'm perched... but also terrified.

Wishlight, aux, eatyourself and 6 others like this.
  4. This could be a great chance to introduce a female drag queen?
    I remember seeing these incredible girls do Samantha Fox / Tina TurTner / Sabrina / Paradisio lip-syncs at La Ká Sundays. We still talk about them with my boyfriend.

Jóga and sesita like this.
  5. And we have a logo!

Wishlight, Remorque, phily693 and 9 others like this.
  6. This news reminded me of this article where basically most queens were like 'It won't work in Spain'. And... I agree to a extent. But if it's with Atresmedia Player, so I guess the success of Veneno made them think it was viable.

Wishlight, DoggySwami and Vasilios like this.
  7. The more the sissier I say.

Spain has both a vast drag history and a handful of young, sassy Abby Dios Mios so I can see this being great!

Wishlight and sergioesludico like this.
  8. Another one.
    [​IMG]

Wishlight and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  9. It is to be noted that there is a long drag tradition in some areas of the country.

In Canarias, for example, it's so big that it has its own show during el carnaval every year. In Gran Canaria is probably the biggest event, outshining the more traditional gala de la reina (where the girls just have to wear a big ass dress on wheels).

Here is this year's:

Of course, the christians will always have a complain when stuff like this happens:

Also, legend has it that Rupaul got the idea for Drag Race right here, since he came to perform back in 2008:

Wishlight, eatyourself, LPT and 7 others like this.
  10. I'm so excited for this! My favourite bar in Madrid shows Drag Race the day it comes out (well it did pre-covid nn) and about 100 cigs pile in to scream at the TV and I pray we can do this again for the Spanish season.

11. NOT BARBANARAMA

12. I always thought Mediaset would be the one adapting the show because of their experience in realities, but Atresmedia could do a good work if they respect the format. It's a brilliant move to promote their streaming platform, lots of people will subscribe for this.

13. Same...just the thought of Rick* Merino, P*layo or Mario Vacayerizo as judges....

The possibilities for the snatch game though (Aramis and the diet coke, Ana Obregon in Ana y los sitete, Paquita Salas, Lydia Lozano, Barbara Rey...)

14. my fave band

15. [​IMG]

I'm guessing Los Javis will have a hand in this, since they seem the go-to [redacted]'s of Atresmedia. And... I trust that they know these casposos have nothing to do with Drag Race.

Jóga, sesita and Electivirer like this.
  16. What about guests? I hope Rosalía or Nathy Peluso guest and they also have lip-sync songs.

Mónica Naranjo, Luz Casal, Ana Torroja and Marta Sánchez also found contacted.

What about Pedro Almodovar judging a Todo Sobre Mi Madre challenge.

Or faux-spanish pop lip-syncs of Alejandro, Viva Forever, La Isla Bonita, Te/Ti Amo etc?

Ugh this could be good.

17. Manifesting this lipsync:

Wishlight, Remorque, Charley and 10 others like this.
  18. If we don't get an OT challenge...

We'll get a La Llamada one and we'll deal.

Wishlight, Remorque, Applause and 4 others like this.

19. If we don't get this for episode 1's lip sync with the girls as guest judges....

[​IMG]

LPT, K94, Remorque and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.