Drag Race France | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Drag Race France

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Leogin, Nov 17, 2021.

1. An excellent debut!

I am a bit worried all of these seasons are going to crowd eachother out - AS7, Canada, France, Oz/NZ (if anyone tunes in...) all screening at the same time?

berserkboi likes this.
  2. I generally avoid non-english seasons just to give myself a respite from Drag Race but i had to tune into Nicky Doll's School for Sickening Girls. The little touches like replacing "untuck backstage" with "take off your jewellery" and her send off speech to the first eliminee. Only THEE robbed queen of Season 12. I thought it was a fun premiere even if some of the pop culture references and comedy went completely over my head fffff

La Grande Dame also might be the hottest guy the franchise has ever seen. Kii

[​IMG]

3. Elips, La Grande Dame and Soa De Muse for top 3.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  4. A Dalida song in the first episode? My gay heart!!

Ultimate performance of the song, everyone <3333

Andrew likes this.
  5. I might actually bother with this based on the reaction so far and the fact that I won't have to deal with subtitles.

6. SOA DE MUSEEEEE

JPG!!!

KIDDY SMILE!!!!

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 1.01.25 PM.png

7. Is it ok in France to lip sync and take off your shoes? The wrong queen went home, and didn’t even deserve to be in the bottom in the first place.

I liked the runway and the winner was correct.

MilesAngel likes this.

8. It would have been nice to have a Queen that is actually into fashion, crazy that no one mentioned The Fifth Element.

MilesAngel likes this.
  9. “Déballer vos bijoux” quite literally means untuck your balls ddd

All in all a solid episode. Soa for the win. I’m getting “hot boy who’s been told he’s hot too many times” from La Grande Dame so we’ll see.

junglefish likes this.
  10. I loved the episode, Nicky seems to be more comfortable in her role already and the acting challenge was fun, but
    Soa in the bottom was nonsense. I thought she did really well in the challenge and deserved to be safe at the very least. Lolita Banana and Paloma were the standouts for me so that was a perfect top 2. Oh and the right person left... Jesus, that lipsync.

Also, ultimate bop:

11. This was fun! It’s actually the first non-English season I’ve seen and it’s kinda nice to not be totally “in” on the in-jokes, to not get everything. It reminds me of watching early US series actually nn in that I didn’t know the lingo or references. That’s a reach but still! I’ll stick with it for a while at least. It makes me want to go to Paris.

junglefish likes this.
  12. Watch Spain!!

13. Season 1

berserkboi likes this.
  14. Dalida reference in the first episode and Lady Oscar reference in the second episode? @Ana Raquel- we keep winning!!!!

Edit - and Saint Seiya!! Wow Bethenny Wow!!!

junglefish likes this.
  15. It's only a small thing but I was left incredulous. When Marianne entered and La Habanera from Carmen was playing, the subtitles said 'La Boheme on Soundtrack,' an Italian opera! It's just the sort of thing I notice.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  16. A&E

A&E

This is a really enjoyable series so far – obviously save for the subtitles (SIX instances of [French Expression] during the runway in the new episode?) but then the personalities and talents shine despite that.

@NecessaryVoodoo pointed out to me that the fake movie posters on the acting challenge set included Tempest du Jour's stock photos (a collection featuring such hits as "Doubting drag queen with wig frowning in theater")
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. I was so impressed by Paloma this week.
    I don't why La Grande Dame took that role, it was the biggest but it was also the unfunniest one.

MilesAngel likes this.
  18. Does someone need to tell these queens that you don’t take wigs and shoes off for a lip sync?

The acting challenge for France was a lot more enjoyable than the US acting challenge this week.

MilesAngel likes this.
  19. The French girls are really bringing the lewks. Kam is giving me Farrah Moan but Parisian. This season feels refreshing. When I think about French queens, I think of Paloma. SOA IS A STAR.

But beeetchhh, when I saw this mug + face, I GASPED...

[​IMG]

And Nicky is doing a very good job hosting this.

MilesAngel likes this.
  20. Are you fucking kidding me

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.