Drag Race T Thread: AS4/S11 *SPOILERS* | Page 171 | The Popjustice Forum

Drag Race T Thread: AS4/S11 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jwentz, Apr 26, 2017.

1. RJF

RJF

I don't think Trixie is a bad drag queen. I think she's a bad Drag Race contestant.

2. No you're a bad Drag Race contestant!

Okay I'll calm down now...

DoggySwami likes this.
  3. Trixie was treated like an expendable item by WOW on S7. They cut her wings in the competition just to give their "chosen one" a narrative. Fast forward to 2018 and she has made a name for herself and become one of the most profitable queens to ever come out of the show. And she is pioneering approaching such a "traditional" (to be politically correct) music genre as country from a drag perspective.

Nobody has to like her, but I think she deserves "some" credit.

4. Vivienne Pinay has done some really great things off show, but that doesn't make her good for a reality television competition.

[​IMG]

5. You wore it better.

I do think Trixie is proving to be decent Drag Race competitor after all though, she hasn't really had a bad week so far, she's been upper-middle most of the way through. She does need a couple of wins though, going forward.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Terminus and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  6. Oh, I didn't know she still did drag. Oops

7. If Katya did a show with Vivienne on YouTube, it might have made a difference? But Alyssa got her claws in there first and turned Vivi into her skivvy!

Terminus likes this.
  8. I haven't loved Trixie on this season and I don't like her fanbase at all as a whole, but as a person I adore Trixie. And I don't think it is at all fair to try and argue that she has success because of Katya, because it's rare that we ever hear the opposite being argued. I think Trixie is hilarious on her own (watch recordings of her one woman show, particularly the Holy Trannity recording, it's fucking KILLER), as is Katya, but together they compliment each other perfectly.

The mainstreaming of drag is something I'm concerned about, but that's not particularly Trixie's fault. I think Sasha is more of an issue in that sense, because it seems that in her brand of drag there is really very little room for that boundary-pushing humour that I look for in drag - Trixie at least keeps that very much alive (e.g. her original snatch game idea of Anne Frank).

9. FUCK HOLY TRANNITY

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  10. Elaborate sis!

11. Kii I mention it every time I see their name, their promoter is scum who slapped me in the face for no reason so now I don't fuck with them and I refuse to give them my money.

12. That was a long time ago. Now she's singing Rocky Horror songs to screaming white girls. Take that as an insult if you want, I'm just speaking a fact.

Did you slap him back? Show him your fist when the hand is pissed!

Terminus likes this.
  13. Trixie wasn’t a winner Babeh last week because she couldn’t contain Milk... or didn’t try to contain her, and that’s something Ben and Kennedy and Shangela even would have done in the same situation.
    But her “coffee” line got the biggest squeak out of me so far this year (closely followed by Kennedy’s “I’m a man” and Shangela’s bus line in her dance), so if she has free reign, she does so well, and I want to see more.
    Even knowing all the T, Shangela, Trixie, Kennedy and Ben are our rightful top 4, even if it won’t happen like that. But if Bebe snatches them all this week, Trixie is in danger Gurl.
    Shangela just gets Drag Race, and I’m still obsessed with her look last week.

Secret likes this.
  14. No danger of taking anything as an insult with me, I'm hard to offend. I definitely think Trixie still has a dark sense of humour that I adore though, which seems to rather contradict her demographic strangely.

Terminus and Kirkland like this.
  15. The Falkirk in me came out and I almost got kicked out dddd

I had like 7 people sticking up for me though.

Kirkland likes this.
  16. that's career-ending tho

Terminus likes this.
  17. I’m surprised Trixie took the bait, Shangela was just being Shangela. If Trixie was really smart she would have just clapped back but instead she looked like a deer in the headlights trying to think of something to say.

18. To be fair, if the producers had told me to put it on the wall and then I got called out on it, I wouldn’t know what to say either. It’s not like Trixie can just go “Oh, the producers wanted some dramatic screen time.”

19. I think her mind starting putting the pieces together that if she played along with what Thorgy said, then Shangela would be gunning to remove Trixie just like she did Thorgy. So instead Trixie tried to play it off like it was nothing but instead dug herself a deeper hole by looking defensive.

I live for Shangie's shenanigans. Get them riled up!

Lander, Rhombus, aaronhansome and 9 others like this.
  20. Fucking Nancy Drew of drag!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.