Drag Race UK vs. The World (S2)

It's been 2 episodes!!!

I’m guilty of getting ahead of myself too, but you are right. I’ve not seen Marina or Dame in their original seasons, but I think it’s highly unlikely they won’t fumble over the next six episodes at some point like Jimbo and Pangina did in the previous season.

Not to mention that if this comes down to a lip sync for the crown, against the right Queen, Dame could be in trouble even if that lip sync last week was entertaining. Marina is the bigger threat of the two in those terms.

he/him
Season 5 girls rn:

EZm40P7XkAEzVMp.jpg

Is there a reason why most people seem to have turned on Choriza when she was quite well received on her original season? I don’t think she is any different now to how she was then (quite humorous, not very polished/questionable taste level). It’s not like she has come back with an complete personality transplant like Milk/Blair St Clair so is it the lack of growth or is there another reason that I haven’t picked up on (behaviour outside the show etc.)?

He/him
Is there a reason why most people seem to have turned on Choriza when she was quite well received on her original season? I don’t think she is any different now to how she was then (quite humorous, not very polished/questionable taste level). It’s not like she has come back with an complete personality transplant like Milk/Blair St Clair so is it the lack of growth or is there another reason that I haven’t picked up on (behaviour outside the show etc.)?
I'm one of those people. I remember finding Choriza quite endearing in her season. Like you say, really rough, but enjoyable and likeable.

But I can't put my finger on why I'm finding her so annoying this time. I think she's too aware of the reality TV aspect of it now. It's not coming across like it's her genuine character anymore, it's like she's trying too hard (except in the taste department) and it's just putting me off. Realise that probably sounds really petty. Maybe it is, I just can't really express it very well.

Staff member
She was kind of annoying on her original season but a) that season was terrible in a lot of ways and b) her and River's eliminations were probably the harshest ever over the whole franchise? I'm glad she's got another chance but she's not my fave.

Of the two episodes so far Tia has:
- Done completely fine in a talent show which had an unprecedented average performance level.
- Excelled and could have arguably been in the top in a challenge she likely would have been in the bottom in her original run.

Once the challenges start playing to her strengths I'm confident she will become a clear frontrunner. Literally the main note she got in her season was that she needed to glow up, and she has done that.

I don't know where this is coming from on Choriza, if you want a girl who is doing too much on being A Character you have Hannah Conda doing that forced laugh in every other confessional.

Last edited:
He/him
I don't know where this is coming from on Choriza, if you want a girl who is doing too much on being A Character you have Hannah Conda doing that forced laugh in every other confessional.
It's just personal taste. We can feel differently. My personal opinion or feelings about Choriza shouldn't get anyone else tied in knots. If anyone else is enjoying her, great. I personally find Hannah to be funnier and an infinitely more competent queen overall, so if we're comparing, that's who I'd pick, personally.