Drake - For All the Dogs

What a snoozefest and it's a shame because for whatever reason I was looking forward to this. Drake will never stop releasing 24 tracks albums, wildly inconsistent but eventually monotonous and I'll never learn I guess.
Yeah, I've been burned too many times before. There's zero quality control; it's like he just throws out everything he's recorded.

Listening to new music should be a pleasure, not a task.

Charlotte Day Wilson on Fair Trade is perfect.
I'm enjoying this way more than I expected too, but it's still too damn long.

I sampled six or seven tracks from this (can't be sure, it felt like a lifetime) and it's some of the tiredest, drabbest, most flavourless trap I've heard in a while. I thought the sound of the mainstream had moved on from this. Even Donda has more going for it.

There are some good tracks here, and Drake still has smooth flow and funny bars, so it's all listenable... but it's way too long and the production really let's him down. Half these tracks could come from any of his last 2 or 3 albums. It all sounds and feels exactly the same. Plus, I'm sad that nothing lives up to Seeing Green. That had me really excited about what all of the YMCMB crew had in store. Wayne eats him up on You Only Live Twice, though.

I'm only on Love All and just... nothing has clicked with me yet. Usually, there's at least a couple songs on each of his albums that I like/can bop too and this is just boring. Not looking forward to the rest of it.

I’d actually say the second half starting with the Future feature is when the album picks up steam, but his lyrics feel rather shallow all throughout. It’s really only on Champagne Poetry and The Remorse, where I felt like I got something below surface level, the surface being a persona that seems fixated on being relatable to College kids.

I’d actually say the second half starting with the Future feature is when the album picks up steam, but his lyrics feel rather shallow all throughout. It’s really only on Champagne Poetry and The Remorse, where I felt like I got something below surface level, the surface being a persona that seems fixated on being relatable to College kids.

Yeah, it definitely got better but there still hasn't been a song that grabs me and screams, this is gonna be all over the radio for months. There's a few more that I've liked but it's just not what I was expecting, especially after the extended wait for it.

It's a bit of a slog I still need to finish the last third of it but I guess I don't hate anything. I think the first track is the only thing that stuck with me.