Drake - HONESTLY, NEVERMIND | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Drake - HONESTLY, NEVERMIND

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by UndercovaSista, Mar 31, 2020.

1. So having listened to this a few times now...it's just all very bland and disappointing. With pretty much every Drake album, there's always a few songs I love, if even for production alone. But this time, there's really nothing I want to come back to, it's all very boring. I guess Race My Mind is pretty good. He definitely needs to do something different going forward.

enhanced CD likes this.
  2. After watching Surviving R Kelly second season, it reminded how much of a monster that man was and for this man to still use that sample for that song (which I’ve never heard but just seen headlines about) = GROSS.

AUBREY, you are a TOXIC trick. Maybe you’ll be exposed soon too that’s why you support a predator. Thank heavens, I never listened to this.

3. New collaboration with Majid Jordan:

Ashling92 and elektroxx like this.
  4. This is better than pretty much everything on Drake's own album. The whole Majid album slaps actually.

5. His track with Future and Tems, from Future's new album, debuted at #1.

nooniebao likes this.
  6. This album kinda came and went pretty fast didn’t it? Normally he’s all over the radio but I don’t think I recall anything being played here.

FresherThanYou likes this.
  7. Surprise album out tonight!

BrokenHearts, Ashling92 and elektroxx like this.
  8. Not another one.

Verandi likes this.
  9. I'm always to open to a great Drake album... but he hasn't delivered one since, like, 2012. CLB was by far his worst, so hopefully this has at least a song or two worth keeping.

10. Looks like there might be a genre pivot?

11. Oh. Interesting. Drake is one of the best rappers of our generation (probably ever) but his actual output so rarely lives up to his skill. The production is too often bland and unimaginative and he leans on the most basic tropes over and over. I'd be here for him switching it up finally. It could a disaster, but it could also be really great.

elektroxx likes this.
  12. We should make a new thread and forget CLB ever happened. Give us a reset.

13. I feel like we hear about a “pivot” with every album since 2016, and it only ends up being a couple bops surrounded by blandness

14. Can you re-title to "Drake - HONESTLY, NEVERMIND (7th Studio Album)", @2014 ?

2014 likes this.
  15. Me telling my co-workers about Renaissance:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.