Drake - Toosie Slide & new album | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Drake - Toosie Slide & new album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by UndercovaSista, Mar 31, 2020.

1. This is......................dystopic as fuck.

2. Goddddd I truly miss Take Care Drake. That’s when he was EXCELLENT.

Ashling92 and PopCrushed like this.
  3. Not Jake Quickenden blocking him on iToonz. It's happening! He's OVER!

[​IMG]

Leopold likes this.
  4. I feel like he does this every time around dddd. He releases a few songs that sound promising and then the album is an 80 track, incoherent mess.

Her cares more about making money than being an artist and it's a shame because he has talent. Take Care did a great job showcasing that. Everything since Views has been a disaster.

Combine that with the fact that he's a creepy weirdo, we can live him in the '10s.

Crisp X, godspeed and aux like this.
  5. I have a soft spot for Passionfruit, and that’s partially because it gave us Yaeji’s fantastic cover

6. No surprise he's #1 on US Spotify with 2.67 million streams. Definitely going to debut #1 next week on BB H100.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  7. Shameless.

Wish my faves did the same.

8. The difference between this and Macarena though, is that the latter is a stone cold 10/10 bop.

9. Take Care - Nothing Was The Same - If You're Reading This It's Too Late was an excellent sequence of albums. Views would have been cute cut down to 8-10 tracks max and I actually enjoy a decent portion of More Life even though that's when he really leaned hard into the clownery. He's just been obnoxious and artistically boring since then.

10. His feature on Bad Bunny's MIA was really the last thing he's done that I enjoyed

11. If he wants to put out a quick lil TikTok soundtrack “bop”... whatever. Who cares. But the video is tacky.

Andy French likes this.

12. Shameful. His name going down next to Madge and Mariah for a song like this? An unmitigated disaster.

13. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

'Toosie Slide' is an abomination, it makes perfect sense to be #1 during a global pandemic.

Conan likes this.
  14. K94

K94

Sad they wasted a cute instrumental on something so soulless and miserable - whenever Aubrey sings those instructions, this immediately comes to mind

[​IMG]

15. I sometimes feel a little obtuse when I see a track in the charts and purposely avoid it, based on the artist or their history... but, holy shit, I truly hope I never ever have to hear this.

16. Literal trash. I guess when you know that you can score hits with literally zero effort, there's no need to put any real effort in. But it's a true shame to see someone as talented as he is let his music descend into... whatever the fuck this is. Thank Me Later and Take Care, I'm so sorry sweeties.

Ashling92 and PopCrushed like this.
  17. Unmitigated Disaster would make for a good album name.

FresherThanYou likes this.
  18. tea

tea

This 1000x this. This is what should be on the front of pop justice.

19. This is lovely .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.