Dream

I miss them so much. I've been playing their first album and all the This Is Me remixes a lot this week. I just ordered a 12" of This Is Me because it has another Mike Rizzo mix I've never heard before, and the extended version of the one from the single.

It looks like Reality has been taken off of Spotify, unfortunately.

I miss them so much. I've been playing their first album and all the This Is Me remixes a lot this week. I just ordered a 12" of This Is Me because it has another Mike Rizzo mix I've never heard before, and the extended version of the one from the single.

It looks like Reality has been taken off of Spotify, unfortunately.
Thank God both albums are in my iTunes and synced to my phone.

I've always wondered who had the rights to distribute the album (and the demo albums) in the first place. The girls mentioned the albums being available several times on Twitter during their reunion, but I was under the impression that they had nothing to do with them actually being on there.

It seems to be the production company who originally put Dream together. Clockwork Entertainment or something. I guess that their deal with Bad Boy let them retain some rights?

I will be interviewing Melissa about her Dream experience on my podcast. Anyone have any questions?
Honestly, as corny as this sounds, what she had envisioned the future of Dream looked like if it didn’t just bust.

Or, alternatively, what other songs should’ve been singles from the debut.

I would love to know what tracks were recorded during their reunion tour?

We obviously received ‘I Believe’ and later they released ‘Higher’ but was anything else recorded and if so, what did it sound like?

Secondly, will there be a double vinyl pressing of their albums, ‘It Was All A Dream’ and ‘Reality’?

For the UK girls, was "He Loves U Not" the only single they released there? I've been on a bit of a Dream binge recently and I noticed there's no UK single listed for "This is Me" on Discogs.

Yes, this was the only song they released with no further songs from either albums being released.

It’s a shame as with further promotion they could have blown up bigger than they initially had.

Yes, this was the only song they released with no further songs from either albums being released.

It’s a shame as with further promotion they could have blown up bigger than they initially had.
Damn, that sucks. I hate they weren’t able to release more singles in general. Both “In My Dreams” and “When I Get There” being cancelled in the US is such a shame. Don’t get me started on the second album going unreleased (at least we have it, I guess).

I never realized that “He Loves U Not” only hit #17 in the UK, but it seems almost all of their 2001 promo was US based. Both singles had physical releases in Australia, but I have no idea how well they did there.

Unfortunately, the possibility of releasing further music from their debut album was curtailed due to events out of their control.

Although in the UK, they had released ‘He Loves You Not’ in March, Dream had a limited window of opportunity to promote as they were booked across various international territories. Australia was blowing up and they were still a huge deal in the US, coming off the back of a tour with NSync and gearing up to release their second single there, This is Me.

Due to the second singles success and the decision to release a remix feat Kain in typical fashion plus a Disney summer tour, it looked like the girls would not be promoting abroad anytime soon.

Unfortunately, plans were brought to an abrupt end with the events of September 11th. In My Dreams as a third single was cancelled (it even had a remix feat Bow Wow attached) and promotion of their first album halted.

Bad Boy Records as a label was based on New York and due to the horrific events, they had to relocate. Again, an unfortunate result was the girls being lost in the move and not placed as a high priority act. Nobody knew what to do with them and momentum was lost. Between September 2001 and March 2003, the girls recorded their sophomore album, Melissa left, Kasey joined and Bad Boy Records tried to push a sexier image upon them.

The record label was also to blame during this period as it had no experience of how to nurture a pop girl band. Neither being pushed on the pop radio or urban radio market this when Crazy was released, it bombed and soon after the band disbanded.

Promotion, especially in the UK was highly unlikely as events including poor management, label relocations and the messiness of P Duffy himself dictated that the girls remain in the USA with no further singles released.

It must be really difficult at a young age to handle this type of scenario. Seemingly having the world at your feet and thinking you have everything on track, to then having it all derail. It must mess with your head!