Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 366 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. RJF

RJF

2. Not them reusing the Future Nostalgia one for Boys Will Be Boys...couldn't be bothered.

3. People started talking about it after they found out that on her Future Nostalgia playlist on Spotify said something like “come back on April 3rd for more content”, and also that was the original release date for the album, so Idk

4. RJF

RJF

I finally found the resolve to actually hunt down the "Side B" and... yeah, I don't think we're missing out on much. These were apparently from before they really found a direction for the album, right? It... shows. Down to her being yet another life line to Normani's career.

5. Mikal likes this.
  6. Maybe they're more synchronized while fucking oop bye!

7. Just got tickets to the rescheduled London show on January 16th! Can't wait to hallucinate live with Ms. Dua herself.

[​IMG]

8. I bought the album on iTunes to support talent x

9. Literally was about to post an opinion on something... and I stopped. I know my place here.

daninternational likes this.
  10. My Japanese version came today! I still can't get over how perfect the cover art/direction is for the album. Who knew we'd come so far from the debut cover issues!

totalhate, D.Jay, poshbabyyy and 2 others like this.
  11. I prefer to wait and have a deluxe like Good Girl Gone Bad with two more hits. She will finnish the era with at least six hits. I don't want b sides to fill space.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    JasonJay likes this.
  12. Yeah none of the tracks that were in the pipeline for the deluxe are the stuff that leaked. It was the Normani track and four others originally, for a total of 16 songs.

poshbabyyy and slaybellz like this.
  13. Love is Religion just needs to be properly finished production wise and it could easily stand on this album, it's such a gem out of all the leaked tracks in my opinion.

D.Jay, Conan, poshbabyyy and 2 others like this.
  14. The interesting thing about If It Ain't Me is that it's lyrically the antithesis to Don't Start Now. I don't know why that bothers me. I think it's really good (and the best of the "rejects"), but it's not first nine songs good.

15. Jealousy could also work if it was slightly reworked but I love it so I'm biased dd

D.Jay, poshbabyyy and Island like this.
  16. I rarely if ever agree with Fantano but at least he actually critiques the music unlike someone like AjayII who’s entire library of critiques consist of

*any song that she likes*

“oooooooh gurl I love this! It’s got a retro vibe to it!”

*any song that’s even slightly left-field or doesn’t follow a traditional pop song structure*

“oh... um... I don’t know what to think about that. I don’t think I liked that :/”

17. Regarding vlogger critics, I just don’t understand how people don’t see the difference between them and Metacritic-counting, publication-employed journalists. Equating then is an insult to music journalism (not that the community isn’t already great at doing that to themselves), and people who have worked their butt off to get to such respected positions. If you’d like to include any of these vloggers in the discussion, I feel like it would be a better idea to reach out to them and invite them to join the forum. If that’s your preferred method of consuming pop music opinion, no judgement, but pretending they hold the same weight/clout as Rolling Stone or Pitchfork in this industry is ridiculous.

18. Sam

Sam

I wish there was a repeat of that “I’ve been sober for a year now, it’s time for me” refrain in Faith. The melody is fucking lush.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.