Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 408 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Moved house last week so haven't had any time to sit down and properly listen to this until now and it's heaven.

2. Today's mood is Fatboy Slim's daughter dropping a Don't Start Now remix five minutes into her livestreamed DJ set. I'm stanning.

3. Dua coming for that multiple week no 1 smash:

----

The Strokes are vying for Number 1 with their new album The New Abnormal on this week's Official Albums Chart.

The Julian Casablancas-fronted band are at Number 2 on the latest sales flash, having scored the most physical sales and downloads across the bank holiday weekend.

The New Abnormal is currently less than 250 chart sales behind Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia, which is in pursuit of a second week at Number 1, so Friday's final Number 1 is still either act's for the taking. Dua has the most streamed album of the week so far.

The Strokes' last five studio albums have all landed inside the Official Albums Chart Top 10, with 2006's First Impressions of Earth topping the charts. Look back at all of The Strokes's UK singles and albums chart positions.

In at Number 4 midweek, Canadian rapper Tory Lanez is on track for highest charting UK chart entry with fifth studio album The New Toronto 3, while UK rapper Cadet is currently at Number 10 with his posthumous debut album The Rated Legend.

Folk singer Laura Marling's seventh studio album Song for Our Daughter (available on digital and streaming only) is on the cusp of being her sixth Top 20 album at 16, while the deluxe edition release of Selena Gomez's Rare - the biggest album released so far in 2020 by a female artist - sees the album leap back into the Top 40 midweek at Number 28.

Finally, Finnish metal band Nightwish could claim their third UK Top 40 album with latest release Human II Nature at Number 31.

4. The Strokes album is amazing so they deserve that spot but I want Dua back at the top next week.

heavymetalGAGA and Tracy Jacks like this.
  5. One of my favourite moments on the album is her vocal squeaking during the chorus of 'Hallucinate'. Problem is once you notice it, it's all you notice.

Sick Sad World likes this.
  6. Levitating is fast becoming my new favourite.

7. About 1:15 in -

8. If The Strokes didn't manage to overtake her in the first mids even with weeks/months of pre-orders then she's probably got it in the bag.

And with hardly any major releases coming up now, I'd say she could even stay there for another few weeks.

poshbabyyy, Kuhleezi, Robert and 5 others like this.
  9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Queen of making a global pandemic work for her.

Bslg17, Kuhleezi, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  10. Levitating has surpassed Hallucinate in becoming my favourite song on the album.

I'm obsessed.

11. I AM STANNING

mcuk, Crisp X and lushLuck like this.
  12. Gerry Cinnamon will get it next week, though there’s not much in the weeks following.

13. TIL. Also miss me with it.

Ashling92, Kuhleezi and OspreyQueen like this.
  14. Wtf is MDNA Gerry Cinnamon?

LTG, mcuk, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Something my brother would listen to. Garbage in other words.

16. The hetties love Gerry Cinnamon and his most famous song is called ‘She’s a Belter’, that says it all really...

Kuhleezi and Sugaboy like this.
  17. I listened to this Gerry Cinnamon song when I visited the US (it was in the new music playlist) and it was so cliche I thought it was performance art at first.

Sugaboy likes this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Let’s talk about Dua.

19. Love Again absolutely has to be a single, in my opinion. It's begging to be ate by the GP, cause controversy in the Bible Belt for her saying goddamn so often in it, and to spend multiple weeks at no. 1.
    Hallucinate or Levitating I think also deserve to be singles, but at least one needs some high profile remix depending on how late in the campaign it comes. Or she could be generous and get Zara Larsson on a remix that might flop, but potentially be a total popjustice moment when her sophomore really needs the pick-me-up or maybe the quarantine has gotten to me and I just like the Zara-esque vocals on good in bed who knows ddd

Depending on how things go singles wise, world wise, award show wise, etc. I could see the Deluxe coming anywhere from this winter to next summer.

poshbabyyy, D.Jay and spaceship like this.
  20. I'm personally partial towards "I guess we're ready for the summer," but every second of that song is a revelation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.