Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 478 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. The girls without taste still not appreciating Madame X...I am not surprised.

2. I think most appreciation of Madame X is despite the vocals, not because of them.

cpr likes this.
  3. Luc

Luc

At least this will give Madonna her next UK Number 1 single since 4 Minutes I believe? And I'm happy about that!

Thank you in advance Dua!

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Well you'd be wrong considering your initial post wasn't about the quality of her vocals, but the effort used to lay them down on the tracks. And the clearest thing about Madame X is how much effort she placed into the project, period.

5. Did @Someboy just delete their post and everyone else's posts dragging them for it? I guess you can erase your messy past if you're a mod.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Inky, Overdose, Grins and 10 others like this.
  6. It was about the quality of her vocals. The original poster referred to doing more than one vocal take; I suggested she hadn't on her last few albums because honestly, I find it hard to believe most of them were considered a satisfactory outcome after multiple attempts at getting it 'right'.

Anyway, not to completely derail a Dua Lipa thread by talking entirely about Madonna, I think I'll end it there.

7. Dua can get Stevie Nicks on Cool next and then I can combust with internal joy.

8. What happened in your life for saying Me Against the Music is not good?. The song reminds iconic. Period.

Blue6010, OlliMaus and MmmDani like this.
  9. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

No, I absolutely did not, and I wouldn’t do that. Another moderator deleted the posts.

I don’t believe my comment was ageist, at all. Mentioning the reality of someone’s age is not ageist, I find that slightly absurd. I’m also, well a little confused to put it politely, after reading a couple months’ worth posts of similar comments about Lady Gaga needing Ariana Grande for Rain on Me, not to mention several years worth of posts on Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga again to name a few regarding all of their commercial fortunes dwindling as they get deeper into their thirties or early forties. I didn’t say Dua should avoid working with Madonna because of their age difference, and I don’t believe that. I won’t repeat the comment, and I wouldn’t undermine another moderator’s decision, but know I wouldn’t delete it.

LoveSoSoft, Rem, FridayNight and 3 others like this.
  10. Not that most of us not knowing better anyway but Golden stuck around way post the hardcore fans.

Cowboystyle likes this.
  11. You didn't mention her age though. You described her as a grandma (which is incorrect) and eluded to the fact she's too old to be on a song with Dua.

Given the reaction your post got, and the fact it got deleted for a reason by another mod apparently, I guess we can agree you're not really understanding the issue. Maybe just take a step back, recognise what you said was out of tone, and hopefully learn.

12. Why is it so hard for people to just admit they're wrong and apologize? And also take a look at their own biases and judgments?

13. Now Someboy, sis, you know good and well that these are not the same things. Talking about and voicing our frustration over women not getting played on top 40 radio once they pass 35 is not the same thing as saying Madonna is old enough to be Dua's grandmother - which she is not, to be clear. Your post was obviously meant to be fun and thats fine but it didn't land. Just say oops! and move on. Don't try and spin it like its the same as radio dropping Top 40 darling Pink the minute she turned 35.

14. I never said that. Madonna is my friend.

15. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

No, again I’m sorry, but this is wrong. I made a comment about the generational difference, and alluded to the fact, or at least something I’ve seen presented as fact on this forum for years now, that it could be difficult to make the song a hit. Madonna is the same age as my mom, who is a grandmother, and that’s fine. Also, unless more posts were deleted than I’ve seen, all of the quoted responses were along the lines of “Someboy, you in danger,” and none of those people reported the post.

Island likes this.
  16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Yes, Drew, it’s really quite clear the joke didn’t land, but a joke not landing is not ageist.

17. RJF

RJF

It is if it's an ageist joke.

18. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I'm just here ready to hear my two moms on record together.

Grins, nikkysan, FridayNight and 4 others like this.
  19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Well, there we are.

I apologize for the offensive language, which clearly hurt many of you. I’m sorry, and it won’t happen again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.