Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 491 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. So happy Hallucinate will be the next single, and glad to hear it will have an actual music video (I was expecting just a lyrics-video because of the all the Covid19 prohibitions to film...)

2. I quite like "Cool," but I never thought of it as a potential single; it's just a great album track, in my opinion.

3. Very happy with Hallucinate as the next single. But I would have said the same if she released Levitating. In fact those two where my fave non-single tracks since the beginning:
    I always thought she would go for something different like Love Again, Cool or Pretty Please.

4. I know you lot love 'Hallucinate' and I think the GP will eat it up, but I do think 'Levitating' was the perfect next single.

5. It’s still the perfect “next” single, after Hallucinate

Grins, BrokenHearts and Robert like this.
  6. A polite request that SNL honours their original invitation to Dua to perform and she performs Levitating in mid-October (just around the time the grammy noms are submitted)...and ofc, Madonna turns up too...

7. The thirst traps are the promo.

8. It seems like the right move strategically, though. As others have said, there's no point pushing Levitating in the US whilst Break My Heart is still doing things. This is really to tide us over in the UK/Europe until the time is right for Levitating to smash worldwide.

9. RMK

RMK

Their strategy of keeping radio and US singles on a different pace should be one to follow, instead of forcing every release to revolve around our timing or be in sync everywhere. Physical got the same energy as a normal single, and racked up the same amount of streams despite not garnering the title in a big market. Dua's gonna garner the time for 3 commercial singles in the US and the streams for, like, 6 worldwide.

10. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Since the last like twenty pages are filled with not-so-subtle attempts to start fights, I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring too and say Boys Will Be Boys should be a single after Hallucinate and Levitating. Pull the rug out from the gammon fucks who've been bopping heterosexually to Don't Start Now in Wetherspoons while spouting misogynistic filth about Dua's appearance.

11. I’m in.

12. Does Wetherspoons play music now?

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  13. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

The one in my town does and it's literally the only somewhat decent nightspot in the area, which just shows what a state this place is in.

14. Got into a drunk screaming match with one of my friends (soon to be EX-friend because of this offense ddd) about this album. I was trying to play a few songs from here and he kept dissing it saying "oh Dula Peep? I couldn't tell cause she sounds just like everyone. This is boring. So basic." Etc.

I was laughing about it for a min but eventually I was like:

[​IMG]

He was just being so closed minded about it, and it was honestly pissing me off dddd.

15. There's only one thing left for you to do now...
    [​IMG]

tea, Rob, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  16. The 'Dula Peep' thing, like everything else involving Wendy Williams, is deeply tedious and unfunny.

tea, QueenB, Robert and 1 other person like this.
  17. Is that where it came from?!?! Cause he sure does watch Wendy Williams dddddd.

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Listening to Hallucinate knowing it’s confirmed to be a single..... I don’t know a better woman.

19. @Rhombus has no chill

Milotic likes this.
  20. It really bugs me to be honest. I know a lot of people use it here too and I know they’re only doing it for a kii and have no ill intent, but to me the underlying message of changing a name like this is “I’m not going to bother learning how to pronounce/spell your foreign name so I’m going to give you a name I can say/spell easier. If Dua had an Anglo name it probably wouldn’t happen. But maybe it’s only me that thinks that.

Mr.Arroz, Cutlery, HolyWater and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.