Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 508 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. To be fair, no one tried to ~cancel~ or silence her. People are just discussing the post and pointing out that this is a complex topic.

Also, you may need to revisit the definition of free speech if you think it is liberty to speak literally everything without facing critiques and consequences.

Mr.Arroz, andru, Crisp X and 9 others like this.
  2. You can face critiques and consequences, that is free of speech too. I was talking about what she should do when it's obviously her clear vision on this. I'm not trying to play devil's advocate or anything.

3. I really don't want another thread to be locked down. Let's cooperate, garls.

4. It seems as though most of her fans (outside of the Balkans) have no idea what the post means. I keep seeing a variation of "shes getting dragged for this but I have no idea why" on my twitter feed. She may sidestep any real controversy due to the sheer amount of homework you would need to do in order to even understand the post if you are from the West.

londonrain likes this.
  5. Let's go back to Hallucinate being a single with an animated music video that stans hate.

londonrain likes this.
  6. To be honest I had no idea what her initial post meant or the weight it carried. But reading through the last few pages of this thread has really helped me understand the situation as a whole, so thank you all for being so articulate and informative!

aniraz, Utopia, constantino and 27 others like this.
  7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I quote:
    If you’ve been reading the last few pages and you still don’t get why people might want a post that is hurtful to a large number of people to be deleted... then you’re being wilfully disingenuous.

Stop it.

andru, Conan, Trinu 3.0 and 11 others like this.

8. Noooooooo

Inky and londonrain like this.
  9. RMK

RMK

It wasn't my personal thoughts it was my thoughts on whoever works for her.

10. Her map of the great Albania is pretty much a smaller equivalent of Greater Germanic Reich and I really can’t understand how anyone anyhow can justify that.
    Anyway, Unicef is informed and sites are writing about it, so hopefully she won’t be able just to nonchalant sidestep it.

11. Just a heads up, I’m not sure where that UNICEF statement has come from but I can’t find any information about them saying that. The only mention is via the official UNICEF Serbian Facebook page, where they have basically just said that her views don’t represent UNICEF’s views, and that she doesn’t speak for UNICEF.

Future Lover likes this.
  12. See that's the thing the worries me and why I find the post so insidious: she's aware that many people will not know what she's talking about and it will be easy for people to take this idea at face value. The timing of pushing this message right now seems like an attempt to align it with ongoing worldwide movements for liberation. It's 2020 - I cannot live with the belief that people don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Tbh the number of spelling errors in the supposed "statement" makes it highly suspect.

tea, dirtypony, jawow_ and 7 others like this.
  14. I don't think anyone actually thinks she's going to be "cancelled" for this. This ain't your average "popstar says something problematic, popstar cancelled" thing. She's still being a huge dickhead though.

Mr.Arroz, Sam, tea and 17 others like this.
  15. No guys this is all so fucking surreal. It’s like a bad trip.

londonrain and Stopremix like this.
  16. Peter being as woke as ever.

tea, Music Is Life and spaceship like this.
  17. Thinking about the time Dua released Physical, the best video of the year and was already an expensive video.

Mr.Arroz, scottdisick94, Sam and 16 others like this.
  18. I will ask her for the recipes, but the whole thing is connected to her previous post which gathered a lot attention

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  19. But...

aniraz, Sam, tea and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.