Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia | Page 665 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I had no idea the original versions of That Kind of Woman and Love is Religion are on Youtube?! Are these legit or..

What is the list of leaked songs from the Future Nostalgia sessions?

Stopremix and aux like this.
  2. They leaked just before the album was released, they are legit. I don’t think we have a comprehensive list since many of the tracks are post-debut, but were made before Future Nostalgia was conceived. The tracks are:
    • If It Ain’t Me (this one was an outtake)
    • Love is Religion
    • 25/8
    • Ball and Chain
    • Cherry
    • Jealousy
    • All to Myself
    • That Kind of Woman

3. Two other 2019 tracks are circulating and both sound like Bops

4. I'm at the point where I like the remix album better.

5. I tried listening to Cool earlier today and, having been blasting the Jayda G mix all week, it sounded like a slow R&B jam

BrokenHearts likes this.
  6. At this point for, The Blessed Madonna mix of Love is Religion is the high point of this project and considering what we’ve been served, this is high praise.

Jwentz, c_0_r_3_y, Yuri and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ok but where is my Vinyl release Dua?

fistcity, michaelhird, varjak and 5 others like this.
  8. I didn’t know the artwork was hated. I think it looks really cool and perfectly fits the vibe. Whoever designed it did a great job.

I love that they’ve managed to keep a consistent visual narrative throughout the era. I’m so used to random single covers that don’t make any sense with the rest of the artwork nn.

9. I find the remix album a bit of a mixed bag overall but Love is Religion is *fantastic*.

10. She’s in the studio with Ian Kirkpatrick.

I assume she’s finishing up Side B - she seems to be actively working on stuff for it, so maybe there will be new material and not just leftovers. We don’t know a better woman.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    fistcity, superultra, sesita and 18 others like this.
  11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The remixes of "Love Is Religion" and "That Kind of Woman" are just immaculate. Whew. The former in particular sounds like it would've been an incredible closing track for the original album. I already know I'm going to suffer so badly from remixitis when the originals come out. (I know they're ~out there~ but I'm gonna wait for the re-release for the final versions, I don't wanna catch a case of demoitis either).

12. I feel so blessed to have the That Kind of Woman and Love Is Religion mixes in full, but the rest work best for me in the mix. I don’t think I’ll ever use them on their own.

Lately, Ashling92, Subwaykid and 5 others like this.
  13. Sarah Hudson also posted some insta stories with Ian Kirkpatrick and Jason Evigan today.

jvckkk and Bobbyrae like this.
  14. Mocked up a vinyl for this and now I can't stop thinking about it.
    [​IMG]

15. It definitely fits the mixtape-y vibe of the mixed version of the album.

MmmDani and lushLuck like this.
  16. I'm basically taking away these two, the Zach Witness mixes and the new features (Levitating and Physical).

FridayNight and lushLuck like this.
  17. I really like how the mixed and unmixed versions feel so different from each other. I didn't expect it to be as noticeable as it is. The mixed feels chaotic like a good party should, while the unmixed seems classier and more controlled. I love them both.

fistcity, Crisp X, Robert and 10 others like this.
  18. Gen Hoshino’s remix is relatively subtle but it’s crept up as one of my favorites here. It just has a bounciness to it that the album version lacks for me.

elektroxx and FunkyButChic like this.
  19. Add the Joe Goddard Remix, and same.

LPMA likes this.
  20. I just realised that we still don’t have a proper Physical performance, apart from the Mardi Gras Sydney one. It feels like it’s been out for years now, a modern classic, so in my head it’s like it had multiple award show performances already. I hope we get a medley to catch up on these missed performances. Something like Beyoncé’s Lemonade medley. At least before Side B starts taking the focus away, we’re already five singles in and only one of them had a proper set of performances.

Physical, Break My Heart, Hallucinate and Levitating deserve their medley moment

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.