Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (The album of a generation!) | Page 883 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (The album of a generation!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Not these pick me arguments because she has a good album. She will survive a little dragging and a few memes.

2. At least she wears nice masks.

I’d actually quite like to know where I could get some for... my daily, government mandated exercise. Thrilling.

3. I didn’t really start paying attention to her until IDGAF, One Kiss and Electricity to be honest. Never thought much of New Rules.
    I wasn’t really that taken by Don’t Start Now either but it grew on me a lot eventually. Physical is where I really started stanning!

GodsAndMonsters and Jordtayylor like this.
    lushLuck and inevitable like this.
  5. Can we employ Mixers to help organise getting it to number one?

6. But how did you miss both times Be The One was released?

Robert and elektroxx like this.
  7. I didn’t miss it, I just didn’t really like it that much. I do now but I don’t play it very often.

8. Be The One, Hotter Than Hell, and Scared To Be Lonely would like a word with you.

elektroxx likes this.
  9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This is where I'm at and I'm sure a lot of people are as well. Everyone is absolutely exhausted by this pandemic at this point, so the fact that she's choosing now of all times to flaunt her vacation is sending people over the edge.

It's definitely making me look at her differently - and yes, before anyone jumps, I know she's been travelling the whole year etc. but it's this specific act of posting about it now when she wasn't doing it before (at least from what I remember).

10. To be fair, even when she posted photos from St Lucia last July, I don’t think anyone expected that we would still be in such a dire position + it was all still quite ‘new’.

11. In July almost anyone (at least in Europe) could go almost everywhere for holidays anyway?

12. Restrictions in the UK have been incomprehensible really, thats where the anger comes from I think. The rules only seem to apply to normal people.

13. In the UK, the vast majority of travel restrictions were only advisory up until recently, you could still go and just have to isolate when you get home. It’s really fucked up.

14. Not in Ireland, we had a brief period in the summer where like two countries were on our 'green list' and even then the general messaging was don't go anywhere, and to be fair the vast majority of people didn't.

Seeing people go on multiple holidays is *wild* to me. Even if it's technically possible, it's just irresponsible.

15. That didn’t stop people though, did it? Thought it was advisory? I definitely know atleast 3 people who fucked off on holiday to Spain when it wasn’t green listed. It’s ridiculous but you can’t seem to get it across to a lot of people. They just don’t care.

Ashling92 likes this.
  16. Welp

The least she could do was not upload pics from her vacation. Did she not see the dragging that KimK got for exactly the same reason?

aniraz, Dijah., OlliMaus and 11 others like this.
  17. She’s really no different from your average influencer. The only difference is that she made a good album.

18. Pretty sure the government advice since last April has been 'avoid all unnecessary travel', but then they released that green list over the summer which contradicted that message. I saw a few people on Instagram go on holidays but luckily most of my close friends and family stayed put.

Of course, it didn't help that Ryanair spent the entire year saying 'don't worry about covid, here's a €10 flight to Portugal!!' and trying to sue the government for restricting travel.

irishlamb and spaceship like this.
  19. I mean current messaging is dont travel more than 5 miles let alone go on holiday.

20. It should be common sense at this point that traveling is bad no matter what the government says so like...

Rich people live by different rules but at least have the audacity to leave your nonsense off of Instagram. The sheer narcissism displayed by so many of our faves over the last year is wild.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.