Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia / Tour | Page 1069 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia / Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. The "Kiss The Bride" vocals from Dua on the new Elton collab... just wow. Her tone is wonderful.

Andrew likes this.
  2. And Dangerous Woman era Ariana who was more established with a dedicated fanbase in the US. Dua won’t be an instant arena sellout act in the States for a good while.

3. She is such a beautiful looking person it's almost sickening.

4. Both better than Good In Bed and yet that made the standard edition. I-

Ashling92 likes this.
  5. I listened to Good In Bed last week with fresh ears and it' so Amy Winehouse, they probably added it to serve versatility dd.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm so sorry Amy.

7. Between "Good in Bed" and "We're Good," I'm gonna need Ms Dua to stay away from 00s themes and the word "good" in her next era!

Island, ALEX, Jordtayylor and 7 others like this.
  8. Neither touches the highs on the rest of the album, but Good in Bed and We're Good are both fine. The Gen Hoshino remix of the former should have been its original mix though - it's a relatively subtle rework but feels so much more buoyant

9. The last 2 songs are the worst on the album but Club Future Nostalgia justified their existence.

Something shifted

10. It’s still a scream to me that the Good in Bed demo is notably more (lounge) disco adjacent and fits in more with the record we got and… they went with the other version, instead of beefing up what they had.

But @sexercise is totally right that Club Future Nostalgia repurposed both songs in the most amazing ways.

11. Wow, I've never heard this before, it's soooooooooo much better

jvckkk likes this.
  12. I know it made complete commercial sense to release the Moonlight Edition with the collaborations to get the album streaming sales and If It Ain’t Me is great, but when I listen to Future Nostalgia I only ever listen to the 11 9 tracks from the original album as they work so well together and create a listening experience that doesn’t really spill over to the bonus tracks.

Duppe, nooniebao, stoicist and 2 others like this.
  13. Thinking ‘bout You recently surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify.

tea, jvckkk, Robert and 2 others like this.
  14. After all this time with Future Nostalgia, the only track that I wish was substituted with something else is "Not My Problem."

"Boys Will Be Boys," "Good In Bed" and "We're Good" are all decent tracks that don't necessarily fit the soundscape for the album that we wanted, but they're by no means bad.

K94, soratami, sesita and 2 others like this.
  15. Between Boys Will Be Boys and Good In Bed, Miss Zachary really did that.

sinner, K94, Mr Blonde and 8 others like this.
  16. Zach Witness is an incredible producer. Stream But You Caint Use My Phone by Erykah Badu on Spottedfry xx

17. Who’s Elton John? I keep missing these new artists coming up

18. Now all I want is a full cover from her of "Rocket Man". Damnit, this is good.

Lately and Digital_Fossil like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.