Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia + Tour | Page 1185 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia + Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late to the party, but I also saw Dua in Vienna on Monday and she was amazing! The fact that she could perform the majority of the album and it still felt like a greatest hits show left me stunned.

She has become such a natural entertainer, too. However, I actually disagree with many on here that the show is perfect; she still needs to go to set list school for a couple more years ddd. The first section was song after song, which is okay, but in the same show as the club section, I expect more. The second act dragged a little bit too, but in a totally ironic way, it was saved by Boys Will Be Boys dd. But all of this was redeemed with the entire club act, which is probably one of the coolest live show sections I've seen since KylieFever2002's Cybertronica act. And of course, Don't Start Now (Live in LA) becoming the show closer it always deserved to be is one of the biggest popjustices of the year. We've come such a long way.

At the same time, the ingenuity of the show is that it is deceptively simple. Most of the time it is Dua, the dancers and the performance on the big screen; there are no big props or moving parts for the majority of the runtime. Which shows how big of a performer she has become very, very quickly. I'm seriously considering catching her at Sziget festival later because it really is one of the best pop concerts I've ever attended, despite all my criticism.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    lushLuck likes this.
  2. Tomorrow 1pm UK time.

andru likes this.
  3. Come on budget. How does she fit this all in?

4. Not another La Bouche / Snap! video... in keeping with the One Kiss aesthetics.

5. It is amazing how out of the 26 songs charted in the UK, only a handful isn't certified at least Silver: Un Dina (#72), Fever (#79), Real Groove (#95), Demeanor (#14) and Sweetest Pie (#31).

Fever is the only criminal offence.

6. The way she's been using the tour to reconnect with all the euro designers... talent

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The fact she's had this huge glow up because of the One Kiss iconic choreography, I'm nervous about the impact of a Calvin feature PT2.

8. It's... there, I guess

9. It finally happened, she made a boring song…

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  10. I saw the show last night in Milan and it was truly one of the best pop shows I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd get behind every single song as much as this show.

Whilst I'd seen clips of the club section of the show, nothing compares to being in the room. It feels like a big dancehall. And Levitating in the flesh is so much more exciting!

My biggest takeaway from the show, and I suppose this era, is that everyone had different favourites. I went in a group of 4 and everyone was looking forward to a different song and everyone came out loving another. The girl two seats away from me lost her mind at Fever. There's not many artists that have a catalogue that can do that...and given how far she's come as a performer since 2018 when she last toured, it's scary and exciting to see where she will be once the next album comes out.

11. Un Dia says zzz

12. I mean I can't blame you for banishing Sweetest Pie from memory.

13. Admittedly I’ve been on a Dua sugar rush this week but I find “Potion” to be great! The hook is delicious.

14. It wants to be a slinky early 80s disco bop but it's not hitting similarly

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. She sounds heavenly on it.

16. The song is ok. Nothing outstanding, not her worst but also a bit too plodding to really hit anything.

17. Celena about Mariama:

Lost In Japan. and Robert like this.

18. The way she can't stop looking pussy head to toe. She's so hot.

poshbabyyy, QueenB, Mikal and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.