Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia + Tour | Page 644 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia + Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Fuuuuuck I got major chills when the Sun Can't Compare sample came in. One of the most beautiful acid songs ever. I don't know if I've ever heard a pop club remix album that seemed to be so in tune with/understanding of house/techno and club culture. Fucking fantastic.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  2. The ONLY complaint I have for this era is that we haven’t got the workout mix of Physical yet that samples New Rules. Everything else has been astonishingly good.

Dynamo and Laurence like this.
  3. I want the unmixed version next but then I want the extended DJ Mix with the extended mixes next please. Followed by the Super Ultra Deluxe of the parent album followed by a DJ Mix of that and then a 10 vinyl Supa Dupa Immaculate Collection that also contains the other remixes from this era and a 10 hour DJ Mix on Spotify putting everything together and be locked with it for at least a weekend. Thank you.

It would be so worth it.

Inland Empire, RUNAWAY, Sam and 10 others like this.
  4. Thanks for this. I discover so much (and love doing so) through remixes. It makes being a lover of music so great, being able to engage with history like this. Does anyone know of a playlist made yet featuring the samples/interpolations across Club Future Nostalgia? There's lots more obvious than others of course, but I love a good deep dive into things I don't know.

aaronhansome and beekeeper like this.
  5. Here come the memes.

RUNAWAY, Attis, MmmDani and 3 others like this.
  6. I... have to echo many other opinions, because I enjoyed it way WAY more than I expected. Love Is Religion really is absolutely impeccable, and many of the samples are so well-done. Super random to have Buffalo Stance and Hollaback Girl as random standalone clips in their respective tracks but it somehow works. Very impressed.

Also, I know I shouldn't give these bitter queens any attention but I went on the Blessed Madonna's IG to tell her how great she did and I see multiple comments saying that she singlehandly "ruined the FN era." Really?

elektroxx and Mvnl like this.
  7. Sam, Dynamo, MmmDani and 6 others like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

Twitter is literally a trough of fucking shit perpetually eating itself and shitting itself back out.

I'll admit I was expecting something a little more mainstream when the project was first announced, purely because I thought they wanted to aggressively work more singles in a different way, but "Levitating" was an expectations reset and when we were told it was all going to be mixed I... kind of got on board with what was going to happen. Obviously they went beyond, but I'm not entirely sure what everyone was expecting after "Levitating" turned out to be what it was.

9. RJF

RJF

The entire project also makes me miss clubs. That feeling where you have no idea what the song is until you suddenly recognise a vocal and lose your shit... I miss it. :(

10. Do we know for sure that the shorter tracks will come in longer edits for the unmixed album? God I hope so.

11. Glad they seem to have reverted back to the original version of Levitating being the next single but also this whole album absolutely knocks!

UPDATE: The Physical remix is amazing!

12. I am... Not feeling the start of the album, but once horse meat disco show up it's unstoppable until the end

MmmDani, JakobVision22 and Mvnl like this.
  13. I don't know if this was already posted but The Blessed Madonna spilled...
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ia-what-missy-said-about-her-levitating-remix

14. I liked the new Levitating remix on it's own but let me tell ya, it works SO well in the DJ mix.

LPT, CC3332, c_0_r_3_y and 2 others like this.
  15. Where did we begin?
    Back in the days we lived inside each other's skin
    We cuddled like we never needed anything
    Think of what you'd have to pack
    If you left and planned on never coming back
    Just the thought of it can stop you in your tracks
    And make you stay

Oh but where i'd like to be
    Is on a dancefloor with some drinks inside of me
    Someone whispering it's quarter after 3
    There's no where I'd rather be

So we talk about this
    In a tone that suggests anybody cares
    So excited each time anybody dares
    And who's your next to call?
    Who's impossible?
    And who's too close to call?
    Who's just desperate for anything at all?
    Anything at all, like love...

Oh but where i'd like to be
    Is on a dancefloor with my friends all pissed at me
    Someone singing and I realise it's me
    I realise it's me

---
    I cry.

16. The first Pretty Please remix is vastly superior to the second and I need it to be longer!

Dynamo and Mikal like this.
  17. This album is taking me on such a trip. I’m going to get drunk now.

Sam, Dynamo, MmmDani and 6 others like this.
  18. I love how the Physical Remix with Gwen is so chill but thumps at the same time. Excellent!

19. I shouldn't laugh but I did so hard when it transitioned into ME! at the end.

Pure Shores and myblood like this.
  20. This is taking me back to 2008 when Miss Santigold followed up her debut with Top Ranking: A Diplo Dub but on a Big Pop Girl scale. Dua giving me future nostalgia for an era she didn't even reference... mind of a master mind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.