Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 1021 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I hope they just cut the intro on the U.S. radio edit. The French version has less spark.

spaceship likes this.
  2. 'Cool' would absolutely have made sense as a final late summer single but I think if we ever got one more; Dua would go with Pretty Please.

3. I don't see why "Love Again" has to be the final single from Future Nostalgia. There's clearly a lot of steam left in the Future Nostalgia era, so if she wants to release another three singles after "Love Again," there's nothing stopping her—preferably "Pretty Please," "If It Ain't Me" and "Cool."

lushLuck and Jordtayylor like this.
  4. There will only be a new album if this one's tour happens, no? They could do a Billie but it won't make sense.

K94 and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  5. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I know Dua’s been championing Love Again as a single basically since the album release so I always assumed she’d give it the last single treatment, more as a little treat to herself than with an actual push. The fact that it could actually be a hit and she gets to make it the cherry on top of an astoundingly successful campaign probably makes it an even sweeter victory lap.

ItBeats, MmmDani, Hyrulian and 16 others like this.
  6. Love Again will smash, the sample is used very well, it has the ingredients of a multiformat hit.

7. Love Again really struck a chord and resonated with me in an impactful way when it released so getting the single treatment means a lot to me.

8. Back when the album came out I figured Love Again would be the 3rd US single after Break My Heart, with Levitating receiving the Physical/Hallucinate treatment. So glad that Levitating smashed beyond my wildest dreams here. Hopefully I'm right that the US will eat up Love Again as well.

9. YES, FINALLY JUSTICE FOR 'LOVE AGAIN'!

What an era. What a record. What a woman.

Uno, discoteca, QueenB and 4 others like this.
  10. I wonder if they test the waters with the standard version and if it gets any wind behind it drop another featured version.

But if they don’t it would make Moonlight Edition the definite one right? That would also be nice to have it as the complete collection.

11. I adore the Tiny Desk version of Love Again and hope she puts that mix up on Spotify!

12. I love Love Again, particularly her live ballad renditions of it.

13. I’m so happy Love Again is the new single, it’s one of my initial favorites.

neinzedd, sesita, Island and 6 others like this.
  14. I would have preferred Cool but this is good as well.

topopMAC1, ItBeats, sesita and 7 others like this.
  15. Cool deserves it's moment, and I would absolutely support another single campaign for it so long as it wasn't Hallucinate's level of push. Didn't she say that she didn't like Cool at at all when she heard it, but they reworked it to make it fit for her?

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I think the tea is that it was originally called Flamingos In The Pool & Kamille sung the demo which was completely different to the final 'Cool'.

Fans seem to have a love/hate relationship with it though, and Dua doesn't seem crazy keen - so I don't think it's going to happen.

17. I’d also be keen for a Pretty Please single release (it was the Tiny Desk version that properly convinced me).

18. She's just That Kind of Woman.mp3.

19. This deep into the album campaign and she is STILL spoilt for choice over a potential next single.

Sam, ItBeats, FridayNight and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.