Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 1064 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I never actually heard the remix anyway. The original didn't need it.

2. Doesn't one already exist?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  3. Now we wait for the inevitable re-release of the Moonlight Edition vinyl without DaBaby's remix on it?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yeah, that's my stance, no matter how great a star is there's always some side-eye stuff. Never pin too much on anyone, they're still people after all.

5. I was disappointed from the get go that she teamed up with a man for the remix, especially when so many of her female contemporaries would have been a far more interesting and dynamic choice. I mean, Doja? Meg? Ariana? Cardi? Normani? Considering the whole vibe of this album and what it stands for, especially a some of the lyrics, I think another female alpha would’ve been far more interesting and just as successful. I can only assume it was label fuckery.

Also, this is interesting…
    Can we have a solo cut of the video, too?

Dynamo and Sprockrooster like this.
  6. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I heard the original on z100 over the remix before DaBaby’s performance even happened. I don’t know if I’d read too much into it.

popzone likes this.
  7. She looks phenomenal in the music video. The song keeps growing on me.

Grins, SMG and QueenB like this.
  8. Labels always match pop girls with male rappers for maximum reach, they think Dua will get the gays and the girls and *male rapper* the boys / men to listen / stream. It's why we ended up with 300 Chris Brown features a while back and then Kid Ink, Tyga etc.

Dijah., Wishlight, 4Roses and 17 others like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

My local radio station hasn’t played the remix once and has instead hammered the Madonna and Missy mix daily for months now. Gays won.

10. I don't think anyone has ever for a second thought that this remix WASN'T label fuckery.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  11. This particular one, not really? Team Dua probably felt she needed some help in the US for another post album hit and DaBaby felt like a good choice commercially and for playlisting.

It definitely wasn't forced on her like say Tinashe ft CB for Player. Remember Dua actually has her own mini label within the label (she owns her masters and isn't a Warner artist 100%, she's just licensing her stuff to them) so she's probably choosing / has a say in collabs and isn't following orders.

Dijah., Wishlight, GimmeWork and 12 others like this.
  12. That gay intern who slipped the remix on to the playlist is doing God’s work

13. This is an ugly mess nn.

dvno, Lately, Dijah. and 7 others like this.
  14. You're right. I just wanted to push the solo version agenda hehe. Let's get that #1 girlies.

Lapras likes this.
  15. How many pages of remix revisionism are we going to have to endure?

16. I'm still craving that Levitating remix with Madonna's Lucky Star being sung over it... unless it leaked and I completely missed it.

Andrew likes this.
  17. Someone said they would leak it if Levitating went to number one so it never came.

18. Speaking of remixes, Dua dropped the stems for “Break My Heart” a few hours ago with GarageBand:

Not as exciting as the Gaga ones since the full Dua multitracks leaked already, but it’s still very cool for producers wanting to get their hands on the song.

sesita, Laurence, spaceship and 2 others like this.
  19. She looks fantastic in the Demeanor video. Wew.
    Is there a solo edit or loop of her verse? Asking for a sugarboo x

Also - reminder, Love Again is fantastic so keep playing - we need it a hit.
    And then a Cool remix to end the era.

spaceship likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.