Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 1067 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Remember when she interpolated Gimme, Gimme, Gimme into the (already 11/10) Live in LA mix of Don’t Start Now at Studio 2054 and christened herself the greatest woman on earth? Me too x

Sail On, 4Roses, JasonJay and 14 others like this.

2. Love her work with Comte. This is a toot.

4Roses, GimmeWork, Grins and 25 others like this.
  3. The imagery and art direction for most of this era is something that continues to floor me. Everything fits its soundscape like a glove and the album cover is still one of the most stunning pictures I've ever seen.

4Roses, scottdisick94, Grins and 13 others like this.
  4. Another Danja-produced Future Nostalgia outtake leaked and it's pretty good.

5. Better This Way is serving huge potential, what a monster hook! Sounds like a lost Gwen Stefani or Nelly Furtado classic.

A polished version of this could be absolutely amazing.

lushLuck and wodny like this.
  6. Wow at her Tiny Desk being the 3rd most watched ever with 44 million views currently.

7. All these songs in the vault makes the Moonlight edition even weirder.

Lapras, 4Roses, LPMA and 19 others like this.
  8. So this didn’t make the cut but Not My Problem did????

Stopremix, 4Roses, JasonJay and 8 others like this.
  9. The Moonlight Edition was a huge dropped ball, but I have faith some of these tracks were being kept back for a reason and are either repurposed for the soundtrack or her next album.

Grins, lushLuck, joeee and 1 other person like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I feel like the title track gets overlooked and somewhat unfairly forgotten and I just wanted/needed to say what a complete and utter BOP it really is. The way it basically is the centrepiece of this whole era - it deserves so much!

11. THIS. I really hope it opens the tour/morphs into the Joe Goddard Remix midway through the performance. A slay!

12. I've been off the hook about whether her next move would be another re-edition of Future Nostalgia or a new album. Do we know already? I've been holding back from purchasing a physical copy just in case she would put out a definitive collection or something.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    JasonJay and enhanced CD like this.
  13. It doesn’t seem like she’s doing another edition, and there’s no rumours of another one at least of now.

But she has said she has no plan to drop DL3 until 2022 but she intends to drop new songs in the near future/next few months, but I figure they’ll be standalone.

JasonJay and Applause like this.
  14. If her plan is to hold off the songs and release them in a future edition, I guess she can take a rest and move on to the next album now cause everything has either leaked or is already soon to surface.

Applause likes this.
  15. I know we're not the biggest fans of We're Good around here, but I just had a bop session in my car to this album again and honestly, I kind of stan the song. I think it's a combination of the melody and the sentiment. I get a little exhausted by how dramatic pop breakup songs can be, and it's refreshing to lose yourself in that fantasy world Dua creates where you can just say "We're good" and that's that.

16. Coming next week

spaceship, JasonJay and fistcity like this.
  17. I feel like We're Good was released to test the waters of how much they can deviate from the Future Nostalgia sound for the next album. Wasn't it given a radio deal?

18. Imagine if they'd tested the waters with a good song. Instead they released a lobster.

4Roses, wodny, FridayNight and 5 others like this.
  19. I really feel like we dodged a bullet with We're Good flopping.

Moonbeam, Blond, D.Jay and 2 others like this.
  20. I finally heard Love Again on the radio and I'm ready for it to just dominate now.

4Roses, blaze_dave, D.Jay and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.