Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 1096 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Also we're in the middle of the trend of songs borrowing from the 80s and this does this perfectly.

I love plenty of songs from BMG-era Kylie, just don't think Real Groove is that strong, sorry.

2. Let's face it, if Madonna was the one doing a project like Elton's and remixing/recreating Like a Prayer or Vogue with a "new, fresh artist" she would be called desperate, has been, old-should-retired, sad...

3. To be fair, I do call Elton all of these things!

4. If I wasn’t already angry enough that her first #1 of this era is coming with an angry little ginger male in tow, now we have two.

His complete dismissal of Dua in the equation when she’s the reason the song is where it is in the first place.

[​IMG]

5. Is he using his evil for good? Or is he just worried that he might have to sing Shivers on every single tour until he dies?

spaceship likes this.
  6. So, uh, setlist speculations for the tour anyone? I am PERCHED.

7. I think it's more "there's a chance I might lose, so let me pretend to be a gracious loser instead of the utter loser that I am".

Mikal, dirtypony, Laurence and 15 others like this.
  8. Um... I like how literally an hour or two prior to this tweet he was promoting Shivers with a link to stream/buy etc. Also his tweet suggests he's in the lead which is not the case.
    Anyway, here's the Cold Heart link. Guess he must have forgot to include it...
    https://eltonjohndualipa.lnk.to/ColdHeart_PNAURemixPR

9. With the latest midweeks they hardly need his endorsement to get the no 1. He really has managed to manipulate the situation so that it appears he’s graciously “given” them the no 1 rather than them getting it because their sales and streams were more than his. I mean I’d normally stan that level of petty, but he’s just insufferable.

1 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (49.1k)
    2 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (45.5k)

10. HMD

HMD

What number did the Levitating remix with Madonna and Missy chart at? Not much higher I assume. I guess it’s been discussed to death but it’s so SAD the remix that became a hit was the one with Dababy…

Anyway, glad for her and Elton! I’m sure they’ll get that number one.

11. RJF

RJF

In other news, there is... genuinely not a single day that goes past that I don't either play this or think about it. An 11/10 forever classic.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That whole tweet and image is so aggressively patronising? What a loser.

RMK, _hazzie_, Mr.Arroz and 15 others like this.
  13. No. 39 on the UK Singles Chart.

HMD likes this.
  14. The whole situation reeks of 'she didn't dump me, I dumped her' straight male fragility.

15. That tweet is so cringe ddddd if that were a pop girl posting that, stan twitter would have her head.

16. Ed Sheeran is the worst. His appeal to the masses is something I just don’t get.
    I’m still wanting that version of the remix to leak…

HMD, Thu Ra Aung Kyaw and Maria like this.
  17. The audio of this came on my workout playlist yesterday and I literally thought the same. I can't go to a gay pregame with my friends without this video playing anymore, and we are blessed for that gift

18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tea, soratami, Tracy Jacks and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.