Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 252 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Physical has reached a new peak on Spotify of no 10 and a new midweek peak of no 5. Self isolating gays are really coming through for Dula Peeps this week.

2. Since we can't get physical, we'll cope by getting PHYSICAL.

3. upu

upu

After much listening, Physical is undoubtedly among hers best singles. It deserves to be at least in the same place as Electricity on the chart.
    God, I hope it will reach at least top 5!

4. Just went through my first listen. This album really putters out at the end, huh?

The last two songs really lack the fun lyrics the rest of the album has and instead just gets repetitive and predictable rhymes. I actually don't MIND Good in Bed but the one two punch at the end there really just is not for me. Wish there was some bonus tracks tacked on at the end just so the ending wasn't that. I want to be left feeling as dancey and sassy as I started and i'm disappointed I didn't.

MarkAnthony likes this.
  5. I'm getting Xenomania-Girls Aloud production feels from Hallucinate, it's such a joy.

poshbabyyy, Crisp X and Lapras like this.
  6. A quick solution to make the album perfect:

Delete the last two songs and replace them with Don't Start Now (Live in LA) as a reprise/encore meauxment.

Kuhleezi, poshbabyyy, sesita and 7 others like this.
  7. “Pretty Please” is hot as fuck and probably her most “mature” song to date. It deserves a video.

“Cool” is cute. It sounds like something from her debut and doesn’t really fit the vibe of the rest of the album, but it’s enjoyable.

“Hallucinate” is a highlight, and “Levitating” sounds like a single.

The last two tracks are pretty bad.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    poshbabyyy and Jersey like this.
  8. rdp

rdp

If I'm allowed one (1) nitpicky complaint, other than the two last tracks I mean, is that I wish she would experiment more with her voice - she kinda sings in the same tone for most of the album

poshbabyyy, Gemini and Verandi like this.
  9. The only wrong thing about this Future Nostalgia era is the fact that the album leaked. Everything else has been a home run.

poshbabyyy, elektroxx, Sam and 2 others like this.
  10. Apparently a bunch of leftovers also leaked? Wouldn’t be surprised if they were meant for the eventual deluxe edition. A mess.

elektroxx likes this.
  11. I’m on my first listen and Cool’s chorus/post chorus has me feeling very ATTACKED.

poshbabyyy and Crisp X like this.
  12. You know what would have been a bop to add? A studio version of Cruel.

13. I really don't want to give in and listen but I'm tempted.

14. Levitating oh my GOD

15. 6 outtakes leaked along with 2 other ones from her debut.

poshbabyyy, collxtion and drewsky like this.
  16. The minute you turn around and think you’ve got a second, she stomps on your trachea all over again. I’m honestly floored and speechless by Love Again...

poshbabyyy, spaceship and W2K like this.
  17. This entire album is gold. WOW.

spaceship likes this.
  18. RMK

RMK

Okay, this isn't the place for this, but isn't FLAC higher quality than the mp3 files? I can tell the quality on mine is muddy, but iTunes/Local Files doesn't seem to transfer FLAC. What is the solution?

19. “Levitating” has to be the next single. “Love Again” is great, too, but it would perform like “Physical.”

poshbabyyy and jvckkk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.