Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 300 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. RJF

RJF

"Break My Heart" and "Hallucinate" are at 1 and 10 on New Music Friday in the UK, and "Love Again" is also there a little further down.

Time to stream girls!

2. Just listened to Break My Heart for the first time and I’m obsessed.

3. BTG

BTG

Lemme delete the leak and give Dula my coin.

4. Rem

Rem

She is the moment.

5. I've decided against the boxset since I've already got the pink vinyl and gold cassette bundle coming but I think I will throw her a compact disc sale her way.

QueenB likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I could cry. I'm sure other acts holding back releases might help but also: fuck the leak. She done well.

myblood, Wishlight, Sunny B and 7 others like this.
  7. It's because albums were released at 11pm tonight because of the clock change, but we're gonna stan either way.

8. The last minute of Love Again was for the gays.

9. Hallucinate when you call my name
    got stars in MY
    [​IMG]

10. Talent stanning talent!

11. This is going to win the Grammy for album of the year.

Manifesting.

12. I don't remember the last time I was this excited by an album on first listen. This era has been so flawless and I'm thrilled they've got it so right.

B.A.D. and QueenB like this.
  13. This is an amazing triumph of a sophomore album.

Except for Boys Will Be Boys

14. Love Again is really amazing, with a great use of that “Your Woman” sample.

Love;
    Future Nostalgia
    Don’t Start Now
    Cool
    Physical
    Hallucinate
    Love Again
    Break My Heart

Ok;
    Levitating (reminds me too much of Bruno Mars, sadly)
    Pretty Please
    Boys Will Be Boys (I don’t hate this...it’s kinda cute)

What Was She Thinking?!;
    Good In Bed (Was this included as a joke? That chorus is beyond grating)

Overall, I just love how it all flows with such intent and conviction. It sounds such a confident and self assured collection of pop songs.

15. Sam

Sam

Hallucinate really deserves a video set in a roller rink and a waltzer ride at a fairground

myblood, sesita, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  16. I’ve only listened through once and can’t wait to explore more but cool needs to be a single

lushLuck and Milotic like this.
  17. [​IMG]

This album is perfection. Every single song has such an exquisite, sharp production and it sounds so cohesive without being boring. We have been served with absolutely everything Miss Lipa could possibly serve, from the album visuals / cover art, singles, music videos and the promo; not to mention the absolute confidence she has exuded throughout.

Even in the midst of a fucking pandemic, Dua and her team have also somehow executed a flawless campaign / rollout (excluding that livestream dd). It is genuinely a joy to see her developing the way she is as a musical artist. I can't wait for what's to come in her career.

Push, myblood, jvckkk and 6 others like this.
  18. I can’t stop thinking about this album.

B.A.D. likes this.
  19. Album of the Year 2020 - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Release Date March 29th

Album of the Year 2019 - Kacey Musgraves a Golden Hour - Release Date March 30th

Let's keep the trend Dua.

20. Singles should be

04. Levitating
    05. Love again
    06. Hallucinate

Then release a Deluxe edition with two more smashes. Close the era. I know it's not gonna happen but let me dream.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.