Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 327 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Thrilled to see that Hallucinate is the most streamed album track on U.K. Spotify. Single incoming!

2. Hallucinate better be a full blown summer single! Post Corona virus party banger!!!

3. Taste.

It's the first international song to hit #1 here since... New Rules.

4. Dua Scott-Lipa is coming to deliver the anthem of the post-rona street parties!

myblood, Alenko, Stopremix and 10 others like this.
  5. Break My Heart finally reached #1 on Itunes WW chart

Robert likes this.
  6. Also Stuart Price is, was and will always be pop gold until all eternity. His moments on the album are all majestic!

myblood, poshbabyyy, Alenko and 19 others like this.
  7. This is my favourite stats post ever. Fucking queen.

Physical straight-up smashing in the UK is seriously deserved. Will she have 2 top 5s next week?!

OlliMaus likes this.
  8. I've come to the point where I'm bopping to Boys Will Be Boys.

myblood, Steve003, poshbabyyy and 2 others like this.
  9. Pat

Pat

Better streaming numbers than 5SOS, Pearl Jam and PARTYNEXTDOOR I think? Though I guess Dua Lipa has more international streams?

michaelhird likes this.
  10. RJF

RJF

Am I the only one who kind of feels like this... imperial phase has kinda come out of nowhere? I knew she was big and successful but the album's numbers this week are stunning. Maybe it's because the first album's success was slow and over the course of two years, but I'm just surprised to see her crushing it so absolutely this week. Is it at all possible for "Don't Start Now" to avoid ACR this week so all three singles can obliterate the Top 10 in the UK?

11. You're right it's kinda unexpected but I always knew she had taste and was focused enough to have her vision executed like that. I really think what separates her from the plethora of new artists is that she's just really tasteful and that's something you can't buy/work on.

12. The title track has an incredible chorus.

13. Wow at the production on Cool. It reminds me of an updated version of Cyndi Lauper's Through The Night. Midtempo synthpop candy for the ears. The song itself is also pretty great.

14. I think she already showed it here and there.

Looking at the quality of her music, it was there bits and pieces already. Generally strong tracks, singles and some tracks with strong bits. In all the leaks over the past years, there were a few with standout bits already. And a good one I liked was Lose Myself.

Thematic it was mostly religious things on DL1 of course, but she clearly developed it way more for Future Nostalgia. It all fits.

I’ve seen 3 shows of her in Holland, some time in between and she improved at the time, and now with this era started the performances made a leap jump.

Then DL1 was so stretched out and a soundtrack single after it, the re-release of DL1 is what made her take some time in between before now.

Clearly her dedication and hard work made a difference to have this stand out. No side-venture distraction bullshit (I won’t allow for soneone to say the forbidden word).

Then to take matters into their own hands after the leak deserves applause.

The critical acclaim and sales / hits are the deserved pay off and cherry on top.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  15. Pretty Please is my least favorite so far but it's still pretty good. Levitate slaps and Physical's power goes without saying.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    c_0_r_3_y likes this.
  16. Making this video is the only good thing I’ve done in my life.

myblood, Steve003, Bslg17 and 11 others like this.
  17. Summer 2021 at this rate, sadly!

robster likes this.
  18. My vinyl is arriving tomorrow now instead of April. I only ordered last night as well.

I am crying here.

20200328_161749.jpg

myblood, Alenko, Stopremix and 10 others like this.
  19. Hallucinate sounds a bit Kylie. It's amazing.

Ddarko77, myblood, poshbabyyy and 7 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.