Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 337 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Apparently 17k of 5Sos' sales were pre-orders. So Dua will be okay.

2. Youngblood is like one of the best pop songs from the last few years teebs

Verandi and MmmDani like this.
  3. I genuinely had no idea 5SOS were still around and, like, massive?

4. Me in November: Future Nostalgia as an album title sounds like a contrived and forced oxymoron. I wish she actually listened to Peter and called it Duality.
    Me now: Future Nostalgia perfectly encapsulates the sound, mission, and vibe of this record. I'm floored at how it balances the funk and disco leanings of the past while still being forward-thinking, identity-shaping, and career cementing. Inspiration often comes off as emulation, but here Dua seems to have mastered the art of using the best of her inspirations to make new, cohesive art through her voice. I guess she incorporated the duality after all, huh.

5. Teeth is a bop.

Verandi and Mvnl like this.
  6. I regret to admit that Easier is also a really, really good song but whatever you do DON'T STREAM IT.

But those will be front-loaded sales and Dua should be able to gain over the week. It's what she deserves.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    MmmDani, Mvnl and dontkillmyvibe like this.
  7. We're bringing up Dua in the Googz thread not the opposite x

Cutlery, lushLuck and dontkillmyvibe like this.
  8. 5SOS went from “slightly ‘’’edgier’’’ 1D” to “Diet 1975” so fast.

She Looks So Perfect is still one of the most heinous things I’ve ever heard in my life and it pretty much put me off ever willingly listening to them

9. I think Dua could still take no 1. 20k of the Weeknd’s first week of 26k last week came from streaming. While I don’t think Dua’s streaming is quite as strong it’s not too far behind, whereas 5SOS are big physical sellers and currently only have one song in the Spotify top 200, so they won’t add much onto their opening figures during the week.

MmmDani and Laurence like this.

10. Someone obviously doesn't use TikTok.

Diet Pop! likes this.
  11. Can anyone throw some light on the yellow vinyl box set. I purchased it from Dua's website and it isn't showing on the order track page. When I contacted Warner they simply said it was delayed. Is this just the one week delay due to the release coming forward or is it a longer Covid delay?
    Thanks in advance guys and guysettes.

12. This is what you call a monster hit

13. Nothing but Dua this week.
    OK but 5SOS's Teeth > Gaga's Teeth ddd.

MmmDani likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

djmakemewet and Sail On like this.
  15. The “Good In Bed” and “Boys Will Be Boys” disrespect has to stop. I’ve had it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  16. I’m surprised at people disliking the lyrics for Boys Will Be Boys. Tonally and sonically it’s still a jarring closer, but “Boys will be boys but girls will be women” is a legitimately genius and iconic line.

17. Apparently it’s coming out at the end of May now. I’m guessing this is due to Warner shutting down their factories for a little bit.

18. IIIIIIIIIIII
    HALL-U-CI-NATE
    WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME
    GOT STARS IN MY
    EEEE-YYYY-EEE-EE-SSSS
    AND THEY DON'T FADE WHEN YOU COME MY WAY
    I'M LOSING MY
    MI-MI-MI-MIND
    MI-MI-MI-MIND
    MI-MI-MI-MIND
    MI-MI-MI-MIND

IIIIIIIIIIII
    HALL-U-CI-NATE
    WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME
    GOT STARS IN MY

[​IMG]

This song gives me second-hand indigestion from how she ate that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.