Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 338 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. levitating and hallucinate are begging to have their own videos

2. Honestly, Cool/Hallucinate/Levitating/Pretty Please/Love Again, I don’t care which get to be singles. I just hope we get a few. In fact, I hope we don’t get the re-release until at least November (get that Christmas coin) so that we have enough time for at least two more singles to peak properly.

3. RJF

RJF

The fact that we should have had “Don’t Start Now” and “Break My Heart” on SNL last night...............

4. We stan a prescient disco queen

Alphableat likes this.
  5. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

[​IMG]

6. I can't stop playing this record. She came for our wigs and stepped on our necks.

MmmDani, poshbabyyy, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  7. And a 'Physical' pre-record shown on The Voice U.K. finale ...

8. They're just so beneath her, especially following a body of work that's AOTY-worthy.

Cool is breathtaking. It's like being in a cocoon of beautiful ethereal sound.

cheida likes this.
  9. This was a terrible idea. She isn't Abs from Five.

10. A classique.

11. I think someone else did this, but... 'did a full 180' on Good In Bed. I actually love it now.
    Boys Will Be Boys - I still don't know her.

I did a little re-jig to try and make Good In Bed a better fit and to round it all up to a 12 track album.
    One Kiss is more like a tacked on bonus track.
    Feels cute now, but might delete later.

Future Nostalgia
    Don't Start Now
    Physical
    Electricity
    Good In Bed
    Levitating
    Hallucinate
    Break My Heart
    Pretty Please
    Cool
    Love Again
    One Kiss

MmmDani and RossMusik like this.
  12. Not to be a broken record, but wow 'Love Again'... She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person nor song.

13. I think Love Again would have made an incredible opener for the album. Lush and stringy then the switch totally flips - would give great context to all of the sounds that come later. And listening to this album I really do feel like I'm in love with her all over again.

I suppose in a way it already acts as the album closer though...maybe it's fine where it is.

Hallucinate has been on repeat the entire weekend. It's a perfect pop song. I like the album but I LOVE Hallucinate.

14. Whew, @constantino you sure have a lot of stanning to catch up on.

slaybellz, MmmDani, Jacques and 11 others like this.
  15. No One Kiss on Future Nostalgia NO

16. I will never understand what people have against One Kiss. I bop.

17. It’s soooo basic, especially compared to these gems.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  18. RJF

RJF

I tried to compose a setlist for the tour this weekend because yes we are reaching those levels of boredom and it's just... hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit. My version left out the inevitable slow down moments designed to let her catch her breath where she'll maybe perform "New Love" or "Homesick" for old times sake or more likely "Boys Will Be Boys" with a speech, but Christ, it's wild.

If we don't get the strings of "Scared To Be Lonely" leading into "Love Again"...

19. dddd I actually did this 3 hours ago.

Setlist:

Future Nostalgia
    Cool
    Hotter Than Hell
    Levitating
    -
    Be The One
    Break My Heart
    Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
    Electricity
    -
    New Rules
    Hallucinate
    Pretty Please
    New Love
    -
    One Kiss
    -
    IDGAF
    Scared to be Lonely
    Love Again
    Physical
    -
    Don't Start Now

By the time the tour comes she'll probably have been more hits though (even if in the form of just a couple of smash features)

20. Luc

Luc

The tour should be conceived in two segments really :

Future Nostalgia, from start to finish (11 tracks)

and

The rest of her hits!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.