Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 346 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I'm so glad Dua came to save us from Corona.

I'm levitating.

[​IMG]

2. I don't understand why the "signed CD" is the album with a separate autographed card?

3. Easier to do.

4. RJF

RJF

Doing acoustic sessions with a guitar backing that's playing off your laptop in the middle of an AirBnB in your housewear because every single other promo platform in the entire world is gone due to the entire entertainment industry collapsing is high-key iconic. I know this isn't what they had planned (and it looks like what they had planned was a classic golden era promo blitz) but she and her team are styling this out flawlessly. The epitome of grace under fire and ultimately, I'm just thankful we have the music. The other stuff would have been and will be great, but I think I'll be leaning on this album a lot in the next few months, so I'm glad it's here with us.

(God bless the leaker who most likely forced their hand.)

5. I really hope that the silver lining of all this is that in a few months time, she can do another promo blitz as if she if was on album release week again. Some more awards show performances, a return to SNL, a few proper TV shows, even a Carpool Karaoke...and it could help give the album a little boost just before Grammy voting season.

6. Their fan base will be more likely to buy several formats. They might die off as the week progresses if she’s top on streams and downloads.

MmmDani likes this.
  7. Just listened to New Rules and it's pretty crazy how much better her new stuff sounds. New Rules is a certified banger but it sounded so hollow in comparison. The breakdown is still an 11/10 though.

8. Oh My God, I’ve spent the last four days trying to work out what the middle eight in Love Again reminds me of and I have finally figured it out.

‘I can't believe, I can't believe
    I finally found someone
    I'll sink my teeth in disbelief
    'Cause you're the one that I want...

... Boy, you know
    You're beautiful
    I know you heard it before
    Boy, you know
    You broke the mold
    Nobody even come close‘

9. Yeah, the point I was making was they are almost entirely fanbase led.
    So whilst their fans pre-ordered more, they've already basically exhausted their potential album buyers.

10. "Good in Bed" for some reason feels to me like it could be a track on Amy Winehouse's "Frank". (Not to compare the two artists or albums at all, just sonically that song reminds me of some of that album for some reason)

11. As soon as things return to some kind of normality, I’m sure they’ll do a re-release / platinum edition of the album and get her on a major promo.

I’m just thankful that we’ve had all the incredible performances and visuals we’ve had so far. Plus, we’ll probably get performances at the Brits & Grammys next year.

MmmDani likes this.
  12. I am completely baffled by the hate Boys Will Be Boys is getting. Like...what? The only criticism I understand is that it's a weird closer and doesn't really fit in with the overall 'vibe' of the album. But it's a very good song.

I think my favourite of the album tracks so far is Levitating. So much to love though.

13. Once I get to the end of Break My Heart and I turn off the album (ha. sorry.) I just wish there was more album here. I'm going to be really sad when her next album comes and the disco vibes will probably be gone because she's really excelled at making something so joyous and dancey and I never want her to sing a slower song ever again.

MmmDani likes this.
  14. I wouldn’t know what to do with a $5 signed postcard. She should’ve offered signed lithographs like Lorde/Lana.

15. ...How? I expected more.

16. 88 on Metacritic? We love to see it

17. I-

18. This has to be a joke, right?

19. the leak screwing her over, I....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.