Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 444 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. What @spaceship said about most artists careers cooling down around their 4th albums is generally true. The number of people who have a run like Madonna/Mariah/Britney/Beyonce is small. Alicia Keys started to cool down with album 4. Christina started to cool down with album 4. Justin Timberlake started to cool down with album 4 (granted it took 200 years to get 4 albums out). Katy started to cool down with album 4. Nicki Minaj started to cool down with album 4. It's pretty rare to be a big player in the music game 10, 15 years down the line.

2. It's been a few weeks since I listened to this album. Played it again yesterday and couldn't stop dancing. It's still THAT good!

lushLuck, QueenB and joeee like this.
  3. But the point I was trying to illustrate was that these women's careers went from hot and fresh out the oven to cold corpse not just a natural cooling down after a decade.

elektroxx likes this.
  4. I was just piggy backing off Vasilios post above mine.

Leopold likes this.
  5. Hot

6. We love a future record/song of the year sweeper at the Grammys, don’t we?

7. Queen Paloma Faith remaining relevant with each album. Platinum selling queen.

8. The fact she shared this post to her story amidst her BLM posts... I don't know a better popstar

9. I have major respect for this lady. Excellent that she's using her platform in this way.

spaceship and sesita like this.
  10. The way Don’t Start Now is playing on a random German radio station on my drunk Uber ride home making my life better while being scared of the obviously homophobic taxi driver who just told us we’re a bit disgusting.

That song will never go away. And even though some of us love Physical more. Don’t Start now is a classic. Pop music. Gay rights. Forever.

11. After 2 months, I finally received my 3-cassette set and signed card. Cassettes look super cheap, but they're a nice addition to the collection.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  12. I got my signed boxset today too. To my suprise, I also got a CD but I don't remember ordering it. I think I've read somewhere that they shipped the CDs for free cause there was a delay with shipping the boxsets. Is that true?

totalhate and Laurence like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Pretty Please is the one for me today.

Put my mind at ease
    Pretty please
    I need your hands on me
    Sweet relief
    Pretty please

[​IMG]

Scrumptious!

14. The production practically vibrating as she hits “trickle down my spine” is perfection.

[​IMG]

The album remains an absolute masterpiece (discounting those last couple of tracks), and I can’t wait to see what she’s going to do with the deluxe. I don’t think 10 new songs is much to ask for... right?

15. Yes, I also remember people wrote about it! Lucky you!

Thu Ra Aung Kyaw likes this.
  16. Yes, but I think it was only for the UK orders?
    I still haven't got the signed card....

17. I'm from Asia and I ordered it through a freight forwarding service from US from her UK site on March 3. I still haven't saw the signed card though cause they say it came in a sealed envelope.

18. Yeah, my cassettes were delivered in a simple envelope, no wraps or anything and inside there was a smaller sealed one with the signed card.

19. We love an ecological queen!

strictmachine79 and maikos87 like this.
  20. This is what I got. Everything is in perfect condition except a glue mark inside the boxset. The digipak looks so tiny and cheap in person. I had a hard time getting the CD out nn

Rem, heavymetalGAGA, Island and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.