Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 587 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Whew.

[​IMG]

2. I love this as a remix and Madonna sounds about 15 years younger. She did what she had to do.
    As a single, it's a no from me. But it is a hell of a remix.

Future Lover and Mvnl like this.
  3. Madonna on anything in 2020 does not stand a chance, especially on radio and streaming. Let's be honest and stop the concern trolling. Enjoy the remix for what it is without being bothered by how it could chart.

TRAVVV, Crisp X, nikkysan and 22 others like this.
  4. This is anything but half-baked. Just because the instrumental is more understated doesn’t mean no thought went into this; if anything it allows the vocals and features to take center stage - which I imagine was the point.

It doesn’t “sound like a hit” or whatever, but I’m not entirely sure it was made with that in mind.

5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

'Levitating' was one of my least favorites on the album (sorry everyone) and this remix gives it some new wigs and lashes and a full body dip in La Mer, and I am living for it.

7. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

A remix that actually sounds different from the original song and isn't just the original with a verse shoehorned in? Not everybody has that!

BrokenHearts, TRAVVV, Bslg17 and 54 others like this.
  8. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Honestly if this touches the Hot 100 with a M and Missy credit I'll be a happy girl.

Crisp X, nikkysan, Bobbyrae and 27 others like this.
  9. Of all the people that I’ve shown this to in the last hour (I’ve gotten about six, so far), the ones that didn’t like the “Pop-ish” original production loved this.

I feel like the GP could eat this up, they’re suckers for Nostalgia. Missy and Madonna are also bringing two different and similarly large audiences to it out of pure curiosity. I’m not expecting it to smash, but I wouldn’t be even slightly surprised if it did.

FridayNight and matthew. like this.
  10. Imagine having Madonna AND Missy Elliott on a remix of a song from your sophomore album. I can understand why the girls are so pressed.

11. They made the prechorus fall so flat dd. That was THE moment in the original track.

12. I definitely prefer the original, the chorus of the remix is kind of disappointing as it sounds pretty flat. Madonna & Missy’s parts are excellent though, I wish Missy had a longer verse. It’s made me more excited to hear the continuous album so it’s done it’s job but yeah I’ll be sticking to the original for the most part.

ItBeats, topopMAC1 and sfmartin like this.
  13. I may not be wowed by the remix but the hate The Blessed Madonna is getting on Twitter... Ugh

14. Top stuff: Madonna sounding like in '84 (like Vas said earlier), the Chromeo-esque production fixing everything I was not fond of... just too much to handle. I am in gay heaven.

15. Honestly I couldn’t care less how this charts when it’s Gay Rights in song form and Madonna is not only all over it but also sounds incredible. This part, this is for us.

16. That vibrating intro and the harmonies

[​IMG]

Then Missy comes in

[​IMG]

but I think I stan @Andy French 's stannage more

lushLuck, Sam, RUNAWAY and 11 others like this.
  17. I’m glad she doesn’t use her Twitter much anymore. People have had it out for her ever since she did a DJ set for an Amazon thing last year; even the name change decision got shat on.

18. Being literally the third person ever to get a (feat. Madonna) after Britney and Quavo, and not even a decade into your career? The girls are fuming!

lushLuck, Jacques, Sam and 5 others like this.
  19. I like the original just fine but I love this remix.

FINISH LINE likes this.
  20. Luc

Luc

I want both Madonnas to collab again on M's next album!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.