Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 643 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. This is flawless.

2. I need a 12 minute extended version of That Kind Of Woman. Stat.

RUNAWAY, myblood, Dynamo and 8 others like this.
  3. This album is basically a Friday night on Radio 1.

4. Who gave her the right to upgrade her visuals this much in such a short space of time? It’s kind of miraculous, quite honestly. The Visualiser is pure eye candy.

Some of the animation - particularly That Kind of Woman, feels so nostalgic to watch, like we all fell back in time 15 years. It really heightens the enjoyment when you know this is 100% driven by that period of our lives and you can go on that nostalgia trip with her.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The whole visualizer is beautiful but I'm really awaiting whether Gwen will pop up for a possible Physical video..

6. Also, slightly off topic, but for those who enjoyed this and are on Apple Music. The iconic Boiler Room has a section on there with DJ sets spanning years from people like Boys Noize, Yaeji, Disclosure, Jamie xx, and of course many more who aren’t really well known on here nn. It’s well worth a listen and look at.

7. Wow, this is all SO good!

Love Again (Horse Meat Disco Remix) for single #6.

Dynamo, ZacharieH, MmmDani and 2 others like this.
  8. Stevie Nicks?!

I gasped!

9. Hahaha like Studio?!

suitechicguy likes this.
  10. It's a testament to the strength of the original album that all these hooks and melodies are still incredibly effective even as they are isolated or reimagined or paired with elements vastly different than those of their original context. Like the... whispered Hallucinate vocals in the Mr Fingers mix have no business sending me flying like this.

I been knew but it's nice being reminded of just how strong the bones of this era's material are.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

The way this remix album takes the two least good tracks from the original album and sends them into the stratosphere though!

Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY, myblood and 9 others like this.
  12. I have heard some pieces of the album and it sounds amazing. Can't wait to finish work and properly enjoy the whole thing.

13. I can’t wait for the unmixed version. I desire at least five mixes that go over the seven-minute mark

RUNAWAY, myblood, Sam and 7 others like this.
  14. This is phenomenal. I was NOT prepared for that The Art of Noise sample in the Good in Bed Remix.

[​IMG]

codecat, Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  15. Now, I wasn't a fan of the original album as 99% of PJ.
    I have to say, this is kinda magical. Better than perfection - it is certainly not perfect even as continuous as it is. My kind of experience.

16. Full list of artists that made the visuals in order:

codecat, Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  17. Not all the children on Twitter attacking The Blessed Madonna for basically everything on this album, not even understanding that she didn't do ALL the remixes but besides her very few own ones just transitions and a few extras here and there.

18. This is such a home run. I wasn't a fan of the Levitating remix in isolation but as part of a whole it works so well. What a fucking treat.

cabirian likes this.
  19. I was just going to say this is the mid 2000s friday night club zone on the local top 40 radio station and IM LIVING. It honestly makes sense because the whole parent album is full of radio smashes.

What a fantastic release, Im hooked.

blaze_dave, myblood, Dynamo and 6 others like this.
  20. Fuck ‘em. I’m glad Dua reached out to her after the Levitating remix dropped and hopefully they’re both just basking in the glory today

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.