Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 644 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I actually private messaged The Blessed Madonna on Instagram when the remix dropped because I felt bad. I don't even follow her (or her music). She replied saying that I was very sweet and she wasn't letting the negativity bother her.

[​IMG]

2. "You're locked in the Club Future Nostalgia".

I'm ascending.

RUNAWAY, Mr.Arroz, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  3. Boys will Be Boys (Zach witness remix)

I love when a song I skipped becomes one of my faves heart emoji stars emoji

RUNAWAY, myblood, LPT and 4 others like this.
  4. Upon further review the only remix that doesn't work with the rest of the set is Good in Bed. The rest are all varying levels of good-great-excellent

spaceship likes this.
  5. Can't wait for this on vinyl. It'll be so good!

Eel_Ssab likes this.
  6. This is great? What do stans expect from a remix album

7. We NEED the Masters At Work dub(s).

digitalkaiser and Andy French like this.
  8. Kygo.

9. I gave it a listen earlier and I think it's actually a nice collection. Possibly not enough variation with style of mixes, but she isn't Björk so I wasn't expecting it.

10. It was bop after bop after bop whewww!! How does she always get it so right?!

Loved the call outs, loved the references, loved the remixes. Everything sounds fresh and it’s all just such a carefree fun listen.

Love is Religion, Physical feat Gwen, Break My Heart / Cosmic Girl were my initial top 3.

[​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Mr.Arroz, lushLuck and 7 others like this.
  11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I had thoughts I was compiling about the album but then Love is Religion came through and knocked all sense out of me.

12. I don't really like "Future Nostalgic" much but I am enjoying the remix album a lot. I wouldn't say it's "better" but I'm finding it a lot more fun.

13. Queen really said “[redacted]” on Good in Bed remix, huh.

KYLE likes this.
  14. Only on this song at the moment and I am quaking at the carnival drums and general vibe of this remix. What an achievement!

I love everything I’ve heard so far.

Mvnl and digitalkaiser like this.
  15. I was shook at how this is my favourite. Queen of subverting expectations

Dynamo, Mvnl and digitalkaiser like this.
  16. Love Is Religion needs to be a global smash hit. The euphoria I literally yelled loud out loud just because I was so amazed. The way the Don't Stop Now remix after it destroys everything what's left.

This is all crazy good.

17. The whole Future Nostalgia era has been great. Like a classic pop album, a v good remix album, the visuals, the step up in performances and especially the Live in LA performance of Don't Start Now. It's been a great era for her and pop fans.

18. Not even that. I've literally seen several complaints that the songs have been changed too much and they should have essentially just slapped features on the original versions. These people didn't grow up with Mariah and it shows. It's the first time I've really felt "old" having to explain things like radio mix shows and real remixes to people.

19. Also, is it me or is the version of Levitating within the album much more... smooth?

20. Yeah, I guess that's what happens when for 20 years remixes (and features) are basically the same as the original song with maybe 20 different seconds overall.

MmmDani and bazayer like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.