Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 976 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. She did her own video and you'll all deal

fistcity, Joe., neonknives and 19 others like this.
  2. dd sis the old peak WAS #5. Either way this being her 2nd biggest hit in the U.S. and its longevity is a PopJustice.

3. I think what @QueenB was trying to say is, another top 4 whewww!!

[​IMG]

Lately, GimmeWork, papatrick and 13 others like this.
  4. I don’t know about anybody else, but I am so excited to see Dua perform in front of an actual audience again at The Brits.

I really, really hope she gets a medley slot - she’s bloody earnt it ten times over with her promotion of Future Nostalgia. It would be the perfect victory lap (the latest one, anyway) in her hometown.

5. Yup it's going to be a special night. The first concert event in the UK with a live audience for more than a year, which is all the more reason for a huge Future Nostalgia medley party.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  6. Absolutely! I think it’s actually going to be strangely emotional, for the Brits anyway, to have a somewhat normal event. Especially as the audience is going to be mostly key workers.

spaceship likes this.
  7. Apart from forgetting about this remix I also forgot she wasn't even in the video.

8. I'm still a big fan of We're Good. Yes it's sonically jarring for this era, but it's still an absolute anthem in its own right.

It just needs to have the right moment or be exposed in the right context to be appreciated. Hopefully that can still happen one day.

Joe., RossMusik, GimmeWork and 8 others like this.
  9. “We’re Good” is a fabulous Dua track. I know the prefer “If It Ain’t Me” or “That Kind of Woman” but everytime I hear it I can’t help but feel fun and exhilarated.

GimmeWork, Sunny B, SlowBurn and 5 others like this.
  10. The We’re Good video has me howling with each play. An artiste

GimmeWork and Mr Blonde like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

We're Good has grown on me but it's still a complete dud compared to all her other singles, not just from this era.

12. I’m struggling to remember the last pop girlie with multiple smash hits that charted for months on end from one album who wasn’t Ariana Grande. I’m just so happy for her.

RMK, Synthline, spaceship and 10 others like this.
  13. Sam

Sam

And baby if you ever

[​IMG]

Find another lover, you’ll see

[​IMG]

I’ll be dancing with my heart broke

[​IMG]

Such a sad disco

[​IMG]

If it ain’t me

[​IMG]

14. Levitating. Future classic.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    spaceship and OlliMaus like this.
  15. true x

Lately, aniraz, K94 and 16 others like this.
  16. Was there not those outdoor gigs in Newcastle or something last summer?

17. You could only go with your group of six and still had to social distance in queues/at the bar/toilet etc and wear a mask. There will be no social distancing restrictions at the Brits from what I have read.

Edit: There’s an article about the Brits here.

chromatica likes this.
  18. Oh wow, I didn't realize that about the Brits. I assumed the O2 would be empty/spaced out like the Super Bowl.

Primrose likes this.
  19. UK Tour postponement announcement is coming pretty soon apparently. Sad!

20. Packed arenas in September with the current situation in India and slow vaccine rollout worldwide?

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.