Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 978 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Yummy (Dua's Version)

selectual and elektroxx like this.
  2. Ok but Leave The Door Open is lowkey great and I wouldn't be mad at Dua collaborating with him if the music is that good.

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Dua on a funky Locked Out Of Heaven type number could be an absolute serve.

4. My CEO's computer is playing Pretty Please during this meeting? A serve.

GimmeWork, tea, FridayNight and 5 others like this.
  5. For every terrible song, Bruno has a good one so I'd be up for a Dua/Bruno collab to be honest

6. I’d be here for this to be honest they’re both in their disco funk bag so it would work.

7. The Weeknd + Dua = Perfect Collab

8. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I didn’t realize Billboard was behind a paywall now. Anything of particular note?

I’ve been burned too many times by similar quotes given about other artists right before the whole campaign screeches to a halt. Though, there really is no reason this album can’t keep churning out singles, and Dua seems game to run promo whenever she can and doesn’t really seem anywhere close to overexposed.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  9. At first Levitating uncomfortably sounded to me like a Bruno Mars song done very well but it’s grown to such a degree that it’s managed to totally escape any vague similarities in my head and it’s probably my favorite song on the album, if not in recent years period dd Like when the gravity drops out at the end of the middle eight and the song launches you back to Saturn for the last chorus.. yas.

Where Bruno does very little with his throwback references, Dua took hers and made them fresh. She nailed the Future Nostalgia idea.

10. Not into Bruno Begs but if we use if he can secure us a US No 1.

11. MESS, there wasn't a paywall when I posted this! Not cute.

But no, nothing too exciting. It's mostly about how they've been trying to detect any new trends and capitalise on them throughout the campaign while still not losing sight of their long-term plans, e.g. focusing on Levitating and the increased interest in it which led to its re-peak, but at the same time still being ready to push We're Good. And they also discussed how the pandemic made things difficult, but also created some great opportunities for Dua.

GimmeWork, Synthline, Jacques and 6 others like this.
  12. This is how you manage an album campaign with longevity.

13. I think that's what Dua and The Weeknd have successfully done in the last year is be flexible and unafraid to go with the flow - not pushing "We're Good" right now is a smart move and not one that I think other artists (or rather, other artists' management) would make because they want to stick with their concrete plan they've had from before the album release.

Jacques, Bobbyrae, Sunny B and 8 others like this.
  14. “Cool”, ha revenge is coming!!

15. She’s the sweetest! Congrats Dua

Andrew.L and Thu Ra Aung Kyaw like this.
    Primrose likes this.
  17. Love Again is officially the new single in Spain and Belgium.

18. Her cover of “I’m Free” in the YSL commercial sounds great. Has a full track been released?

Primrose likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.