Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia | Page 989 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Just got this email from Warner Music with the subject line: 'help get this song to #1'

upload_2021-5-13_13-18-3.jpeg

2. Uno

Uno

Hold up, let me add all 3 versions of Levitating to my kickball playlist today.

3. Not only is it heading to #1 after 31 weeks on the chart (!) but holding off Bruno Mars from there?
    God is real.gif

That would also make it one of the longest treks to the top

4. Bruno Begs has already hit No 1 what does he wanttttt.

5. Okkk but Leave The Door Open is a triumph on its own and Bruno slander just reads as being mean for the sake of it. Plus it already reached #1 so there's that too.

*shrug*

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    spaceship and MiChiMadNesS like this.
  6. Let us have our gay venom. It's all some of us have left.

7. Leave The Snore Open is more of the same old tired pastiche Bruno ran dry literal years ago and as you mentioned it already hit #1 so he needs to MOVE and let Dua have her moment.

8. RMK

RMK

She deserves this. The way this will inevitably match "Don't Start Now" and give her another year-end top five, or higher, is iconic. She's solidifying her name.

And her management... *chef's kiss*

tea, Robert, FridayNight and 12 others like this.
  9. Leave The Bore Open is good... if you don't know who The Stylistics, Barry White, Kool & The Gang, The Chi-lites etc are.

10. I refuse to live in a world where another one of BruNO Mars' meandering snack-size-Hugh-Heffner impersonations blocks Levitating from #1. I rebuke it by the the old Gays and the new. You Americans better stream it twice, thrice and throw it out like rice. Do you fucking hear me?

[​IMG]

11. The fact that there was once a point where I was begging for this song to be the smasha so we would get a debut record...how far we've come!

12. It's really been a journey from discovering Hotter Than Hell from the BooHoo adverts in 2016 and stanning hard to now. I never would have predicted half of the amazing turns her career has taken.

13. [​IMG]

And we’re proud of it!

I cant wait to start posting after we hear the outcome.

keep streaming!!!

QueenB likes this.
  14. Thank you for your contribution.
    Here’s your prize!

15. Its what the song deserves.

tea, Jersey, Leis and 20 others like this.
  16. I will only thank Bruno for *clears throat* leaving the door open for Levitating by lubing America's most basic up for camp disco-funk pastiches.

Finally, the pay-off!

17. Yall are being extra as fuck over a harmless comment but oh well. Go Levitating go go go.

18. Chill, we’re just having fun on this pop music forum with mostly cigs. Levitate on!

19. This week just keeps getting better! First the Brits and now a US number 1 single, the sheer excellence of it all

When will your faves?!

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Laurence likes this.
  20. So true. They only play the DaBaby version on the radio, but he’s still pretty campy, and whoever chose him for the single mix deserves a bonus. Maybe they’ll do something similar with “Love Again.”

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.