Dua Lipa - "Illusion" + Radical Optimism (May 3)

I see this as her (her team's ?) testing of the water to see if they could still continue the soundscape of Future Nostalgia for her next era. Harmless, but I'll be cautiously excited for what she has in stores for the real comeback.

This was far better then I was expecting. Absolutely perfect for the Barbie movie. I've seen some complaints about the chorus yet I've only listened to the song twice and it's already buried in my head.

It's no Padem Padem but what is?

Also does anyone know who directed the music video (which is really solid). Did Greta actually do it?

I'm mainly offended by passing up the opportunity to make a fun video with actual dancing in it (for a song about dancing), and instead being fully lazy and doing half assed stomping around.

It could have been a Beautiful Stranger moment in her discog, but oh well.

I see this as her (her team's ?) testing of the water to see if they could still continue the soundscape of Future Nostalgia for her next era. Harmless, but I'll be cautiously excited for what she has in stores for the real comeback.
Feels more like inoffensive leftover that doesn't change what we know so whatever is next feels fresh. I doubt they need to test the water to know that just more of the same will likely not really work, it barely does ever.

Uneventful as it is, it is always iconic when an artist gets invited to be on a big name soundtrack and they go "you know your many hit singles?? we want more of that!!". Not everyone is able to dust off a mid demo and still make millions out of it.