Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Everything I love about Houdini I picked up during my first dozen or so plays. There hasn't been much to discover beyond that, so I can't call it a 12/10. But it's irresistibly chic and brilliant in its own way.

I love Houdini and it made me very excited for what's next. Especially since she described Houdini as a bridge between the two albums. But I have to admit that when I now hear Cool, Pretty Please, Don't Start Now etc Houdini doesn't really make me feel the same... yet. Maybe that's because I overplayed Houdini, maybe it's because of the memories I have of the Future Nostalgia album. Who knows. We'll see.

I think the label expects this to have major legs. So far that hasn't materialized, but Dua has found ways of elongating an era for a song in the past so we will see. Bad timing though as the entire industry gets taken over by Christmas music soon.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Useless fact.

There's major elections in the Netherlands tomorrow and the main broadcaster (like, the Dutch BBC One) had their final pre-election debates tonight. I swear to God there's a gay intern there somewhere because during some of the cutaway videos they played the Houdini instrumental (and later One Of Your Girls).

We have decided to collectively stan.