Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Honest question: should we be concerned she fired her management and replaced them with her dad? Future Nostalgia was such a masterclass in pop star management under extraordinary circumstances nn

We’ll have to wait and see to be honest. The TaP Music folks set up the Future Nostalgia tour and she hasn’t even put out a solo single since splitting with them in the first quarter of the year.

I do feel a bit apprehensive about this because it'll definitely be a very tough task matching the success and quality of Future Nostalgia, especially working with a different team this time. Hoping for the best though.

Future Nostalgia - at least in the states - wasn't really a front loaded success though. Don't Start Now lingered on the charts for a long time and Levitating took ages to smash then wouldn't leave the top 10.

There's so much hype, I could see her next project lacking the longevity but having big success out the park like a #1 debut, a few pre-release hits and a big tour.

To compare it to someone else in todays market, this feels a bit like Fine Line going into Harry's House. There's a lot of parallels actually, long delays to tour, a surprise smash a year into the campaign, big Vogue cover...

I do think the sooner the better in terms of public appeal but if she's taking her time to do something really quality that's fair.

He/Him
The video though, now that was a total left-field serve. Did I know I needed to watch Dua Lipa singing tenderly with love and affection to a lobster doomed to become the bourgeoisie’s next meal aboard the Titantic? No, no I didn’t. But now that’s it is here I don’t wanna live without it.

I feel like I’ve heard We’re Good described as a new sound for her multiple times on this forum but it’s always felt like a track that would slot into her first album perfectly, sonically, to me. I’m one of those who truly enjoys it, but it’s always felt like more of a regression than anything ‘new’ for her,

I feel like I’ve heard We’re Good described as a new sound for her multiple times on this forum but it’s always felt like a track that would slot into her first album perfectly, sonically, to me. I’m one of those who truly enjoys it, but it’s always felt like more of a regression than anything ‘new’ for her,

Agreed, if they really wanted something new for her they should've thrown out one of the Danja tracks. Naked, perhaps.

The way she talked about it months ago implied that the album will have it own sound and a main theme. That’s a good sign for me but yeah, let’s see..
In an interview with Wall Street Journal on September 25th, 2021, Dua revelead that "It's just been fun experimenting. I'm always going to make pop music, but it has its own unique sound, which is exciting & something that feels like a movement from Future Nostalgia".