Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

I like Dance The Night but I do think the notion that it's automatically superior to anything on Bebe or Ava's latest albums simply because it was released by Dua is pretty funny considering a) it would have very easily slotted on either of those albums and b) it very much wouldn't be among the best tracks on either.

He/Him
If she wasn’t going to come up with the goods she shouldn’t have bothered.
It’s a middling and forgettable affair. “It’s a soundtrack single” I hear y’all say, “her lead single is coming later in the year” y’all exclaim.

Having the lead soundtrack single to what could very well turn out to be one of the biggest pop culture moments of the year isn’t a time to raid your closet for discarded disco demos you deemed unworthy of even the re-issue of your last album. It’s the time to bring your A-game and deliver a moment that will be most pleasing to you in your career.

There’s no reason to phone it in here. She’s not exactly at risk of overexposure and all a middling song does is dampen hype for DL3.

There will be better, purposely crafted, tracks on the soundtrack, of that I am certain. They should’ve given the lead single to someone who was going to put the effort in.

he/him
It’s a middling and forgettable affair. “It’s a soundtrack single” I hear y’all say, “her lead single is coming later in the year” y’all exclaim.

Having the lead soundtrack single to what could very well turn out to be one of the biggest pop culture moments of the year isn’t a time to raid your closet for discarded disco demos you deemed unworthy of even the re-issue of your last album. It’s the time to bring your A-game and deliver a moment that will be most pleasing to you in your career.

There’s no reason to phone it in here. She’s not exactly at risk of overexposure and all a middling song does is dampen hype for DL3.

There will be better, purposely crafted, tracks on the soundtrack, of that I am certain. They should’ve given the lead single to someone who was going to put the effort in.
This is...a lot.

Touch grass.