Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

he/him
712223030_giphy(72).gif.e222b03ea35147560bee6537421fa28a.gif
ns,v/zN m xbz,jvbxnzk?????? I-

Illusion simply has less to it than the previous singles, it's more reliant on the instrumental. It's made for the choreo she's exhibiting in the video. Songs like Training Season pull you in different directions as they go and feel like they take more time to craft, but sometimes the ones like these, dare I say it, just click.

Illusion may not be anything groundbreaking, but my gosh is she serving with how fun her vocals are. It's giving Britney in ways that I love how Britney has fun with the vocals in her songs.
It's catchy, it's upbeat and will get you dancing for the summer.

This fell to 27 from 11 on global with 2.75m streams, down from almost 4m. I don't know. It doesn't seem to be connecting yet and I'm kinda surprised by that because it's a pretty instant/undeniable banger to these ears.

That said it came up last night with a friend who loved the video and said the song will probably grow on him because her singles usually do. Maybe it needs time. But also she's top on Today's Top Hits so if it's gonna do well it'll probably happen quite quickly.

She/Her/Queen
Why so little shots of her on that mountain of a white thingy or whatever it's called when it was intentionally build and that's the climax of the video?

This fell to 27 from 11 on global with 2.75m streams, down from almost 4m. I don't know. It doesn't seem to be connecting yet and I'm kinda surprised by that because it's a pretty instant/undeniable banger to these ears.

That said it came up last night with a friend who loved the video and said the song will probably grow on him because her singles usually do. Maybe it needs time. But also she's top on Today's Top Hits so if it's gonna do well it'll probably happen quite quickly.

She has released two back to back meh singles with non existent choruses. Video aside there is nothing particularly interesting about Illusion.