Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

The girls would have tripped over each other ten years ago just to be the first one to upload snippets on Twitter via shaky videos of their turntables with audible muffled cries of oh my god that were way too loud. The girls used to risk jail out in the open. What have we come to.

liveinparis1.gif

I really appreciate her standing behind the vision with that Houdini quote. While I'm sure it's no secret with her + her team things could have gone better so far in places it sometimes it feels like online discourse creates artificial floppage when the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Good for her!

Thinking ahead to Glastonbury, I've thought about what I'd see as being the perfect opening would be, and in many ways, it would be something like a cross between the performance of "Future Nostalgia" on tour and the "Houdini" music video: only her on stage, mic stand for the verses, some choreography for the chorus. Maybe she's in a sort of boxing ring of white neon lights and then for the dance break, her dancers appear and everything gets elevated by 10. It would shut up anyone commenting on her lack of stage presence and would be an extremely confident opening to the concert.

Thinking ahead to Glastonbury, I've thought about what I'd see as being the perfect opening would be, and in many ways, it would be something like a cross between the performance of "Future Nostalgia" on tour and the "Houdini" music video: only her on stage, mic stand for the verses, some choreography for the chorus. Maybe she's in a sort of boxing ring of white neon lights and then for the dance break, her dancers appear and everything gets elevated by 10. It would shut up anyone commenting on her lack of stage presence and would be an extremely confident opening to the concert.
This would be incredible!

Future Nostalgia (the song) was genuinely such a highlight of the tour - she just came across so confident and really owned the stage.

That already exists babe.