Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Her being in Amsterdam two days ago... I wish I met/saw her, goddamn.
But very excited for DL3 with those influences posted here!

He / Him / His
Adele, Harry Styles, Madison Beer

mqp2LmF.png

FKA Twigs, HAIM, Florence + The Machine

syMNWC.jpg

I feel like she's trying to finish up a bulk of the songwriting/demo stage before the final shows in Australia, then she'll disappear after for a few months to polish up tracks and wait for the vinyls to be ready.

Not to be that person... but a lot of the examples of the Middle Eastern sound are actually very Indian (especially Work and Addictive which actually is using a Hindi sample) and even Far East (Drop It Low in fact even uses the theme in the costumes to some extent in the actual video).

But me nit-picking aside, I think everyone heavily referred to that similar sound as Middle Eastern at the time, too (I'm just getting flashbacks of being annoyed in high school because it was incorrect). And more importantly, I'm here for this sound for Dua to try!

Not to be that person... but a lot of the examples of the Middle Eastern sound are actually very Indian (especially Work and Addictive which actually is using a Hindi sample) and even Far East (Drop It Low in fact even uses the theme in the costumes to some extent in the actual video).

But me nit-picking aside, I think everyone heavily referred to that similar sound as Middle Eastern at the time, too (I'm just getting flashbacks of being annoyed in high school because it was incorrect). And more importantly, I'm here for this sound for Dua to try!

Sorry to anybody that was offended.