Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism

Rmx

He/Him/His
On Las Culturistas the question they pose to each guest is "What was the culture that made you say culture is for you?" and Dua's answer was Katy Perry.

regina-george-eye-roll-3a5lv31jq7mgwnx2.gif

he/him
On Las Culturistas the question they pose to each guest is "What was the culture that made you say culture is for you?" and Dua's answer was Katy Perry.
I don't doubt that this happened but it's also giving "Miley wrote Jaded about Dua after they had a fling" ff

Weren't there rumors that she and Katy had worked on a song for the Future Nostalgia re-release but it was scrapped?

I don't think in 2024 Dua and team are banking on a Katy collab going #1 ddd. I think she just genuinely is a big fan of Katy and they're friendly so she wants to work with her. And as much as you all like to pretend it's a horrible insult, there is a lot of Katy in Dua as a pop star. They make sense together.

Also, I get the Love for Falling Forever but at the same time I don't love it as much?? Yes it's one of the more instant tracks in its Eurovision-y way but it does lack something in that post-bridge chorus as someone has stated.

Houdini is the song on this album with the highest chance of smashing and it did well. But I agree with @Speakerphone that the smashes are not here. Which I have no problem with. Fuck smash hits, TBH. Shape of You was an inescapable smash and I'm pretty sure I could make that song on ProTools in half an hour.

They haven't been released so they can't be actual smashes atm.
I get that, but I don't think they are releasing either as singles and I doubt they would smash if they did. I don't think it's that easy to predict what the GP will glom onto, but if Houdini wasn't a monster smash, I just don't see it for those two.

Being captain of the Beyoncé delulu tribe has told me to not pay attention to these twitter insider accounts but I have an addiction to ridiculous pop rumors and I rather not live my insanity in solitude
People seriously talked about Warner "panicking" after Houdini and Training Season and new concept for an album that was ready in 2023. Katy collab definitely isn't the most insane thing discussed here.

This album made me realise just how fucking mammoth Houdini is. It's easily the standout and the most obvious hit (alongside the singles). The breakdown is still so glittery and euphoric, a moment!

Future Nostalgia felt crammed with potential smashes post-album (Hallucinate, Love Again and Levitating) but I don't hear any other hits on this, maybe These Walls if anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the deluxe lands sooner rather than later. Very curious to see how long they'll promote this for.

As for the album itself, I like it! A nice, 7/10, drinks with the girls album. Wish we had one or two more bops but overall, it's fine. I'm sure any future re-release will satisfy the need for a few extra tracks.