Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era (STUDIO 2054 EVENT OF THE YEAR) | Page 747 | The Popjustice Forum

Dua Lipa - The Future Nostalgia Era (STUDIO 2054 EVENT OF THE YEAR)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. I may not be the most educated person on the matter, but I wouldn't consider this queerbaiting? There's been some eyeroll worthy moments in pop in the last couple of years but a few of them could be linked exploration, curiosity and such, no? In her case, a one off with a queer person isn't as toxic as someone's entire PR and image built around ambiguity / using queerness as an accessory to create crediblity.

These presumably "straight" people could be allowed to explore themselves and engage in queer manifestations in art, when done in respectful manners and if it reflects their truth. I wouldn't want to create an unnecessary discussions but I find it interesting at the same time.

2. It’s_getting_weird.mp4

It’s just Miley touching and licking people again, it’s not that deep.

3. It’s a music video. Relax.

4. Y'all act like Miley hasn't slobbered on dicks, twats, hammers, blunts, foam fingers, microphones, peaches, glitter... Dua Lipa wasn't getting away from that mouth.

5. This might be the funniest thing I've ever read on the forum.

6. Graham Norton already has a copy of the Club Future Nostalgia vinyl... *gay envy intensifies*

2014, OlliMaus, poshbabyyy and 8 others like this.
  7. Her performance of Levitating on Graham Norton was glorious!

You can tell Miss Dua has missed performing as she was incredible - a confident, shimmering queen of 2020 pop!

8. It was a very cute performance. Looked sensational. Glad she’s went too 10 with it this week. (Although the solo version is best)

QueenB likes this.
  9. The fact that Dua performed her fifth single from Future Nostalgia on one of the biggest UK talk shows in Valentino Couture. Her power this era. She is the moment.

10. Some artists don't even do this anymore. We won!

11. Well I can't say that was my favourite performance from this era, but I'm sure she's saving the slay for next week.

junkos, popzone, inevitable and 8 others like this.
  12. Prisoner is such a grower, I bop along and then I’m like thinking, is it only such a tune because it samples Physical so heavily? Then I’m like, does that fact take away from the power of the song? Then I’m just sat there feeling like I’m listening to Physical.

upload_2020-11-21_0-27-3.png

Songs still a tune though.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    lushLuck, poshbabyyy and BrokenHearts like this.
  13. dddd from what I've seen, wlw have had long-standing beef over multiple overlapping things Dua's done in her short career. I think this is like the 4th time something like this has happened. The moment she started licking Miley's face and caressing her, I knew the sapphics were gonna snatch her ass up like they did when she wore that HOMO shirt.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  14. Dua looked stunning on Graham Norton. Not going to lie though, that performance was a choice. I’m not sure who came up with the flying motion for “you can fly away with me tonight” but I don’t need to see that again.

Trouble in Paradise and popzone like this.
  15. Yeah, this song really needs choreo, standing still doesn’t do it justice, and the flying motion was a little... juvenile?

That said, she looked stunning and sounded great, and much like she had a lower key Graham performance last year before the all out EMA show, I expect the same leading into the AMAs (and of course 2054).

Trouble in Paradise and popzone like this.
  16. Looks like she'll be announcing some Grammy noms?

17. Wow, she's really knocking it out of the park with the visuals. I loved her look in this. Too bad I think it looked like it wasn't the smoothest day for her vocally.

18. Dua should release this for Japanese market

aaronhansome and Crisp X like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The performance was great! She looked stunning, and that vinyl reveal?????? Wet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.